Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Create an immediate backup of the BIG-IQ
system's current UCS file
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- On the left, click.
- Click theBack Up Nowbutton.
- Type a name to identify this backup, and an optional description for it.
- If you want to include the SSL private keys in the backup file, select theInclude Private Keyscheck box.If you save a copy of the SSL private key, you can reinstall it if the original one becomes corrupt.
- To encrypt the backup file, select theEncrypt Backup Filescheck box, and type and verify the passphrase.
- Use theLocal Retention Policysetting to specify how long you want to keep the backup file on BIG-IQ.
- To delete the copies of the backup after a certain number of days, selectDelete local backup copyand specify the number of days to keep the backup copy before deleting it.
- To keep copies of the backups indefinitely, selectNever Delete.
- To keep copies of backups remotely on a SCP or SFTP server:
Storing a backup remotely means you can restore data to a BIG-IP device even if you can't access the archive in the BIG-IQ system directory.If you configure BIG-IQ to save backup files to a remote server and that server is unavailable during a scheduled backup, BIG-IQ ignores the local retention policy and retains the local copy of the backup file. This ensures that a backup is always available. To remove those local backups, you must delete them.Archived copies of backups are kept permanently on the remote server you specify. If you want to clear space on the remote server, you have to manually delete the backups.
- For theArchivesetting, select theStore archive copy of backupcheck box.
- For theLocationsetting, selectSCPorSFTP.
- In theIP Addressfield, type the IP address of the remote server where you want to store the archives.
- In theUser NameandPasswordfields, type the credentials to access this server.
- In theDirectoryfield, type the name of the directory where you want to store the archives on the remote server.
- Click theStartbutton at the bottom of the screen.