Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Upload the BIG-IQ software image to the standby
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem.
- On the left, click.
- Click theUpload Imagebutton.
- Click theChoose Filebutton and go to the location to which you downloaded the image, and click theOpenbutton to upload it to BIG-IQ.
- Click theUploadbutton.The screen refreshes to display the progress of the upload.
Upgrade the standby BIG-IQ
- Log in to the standby BIG-IQ system's command line asrootand type the following command:/usr/bin/clear-rest-storage.While this step is not required, it clears the database storage on the system so the upgrade goes more quickly. After you upgrade both peer systems and re-establish the HA pair, the peer BIG-IQ will synchronize its database with this BIG-IQ system and repopulate the database.
- Log in to the system that you are going to establish as the standby BIG-IQ system's user interface.
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- On the left click.
- Click theUpgradebutton.
- For the Software Image, select the image you want to install.
- From theTarget Volumelist, select the volume you want to install the image on.You can either choose an existing (inactive) volume, or create a new volume. If theTarget Volumelist is empty, the machine you are upgrading does not have a second volume available for you to install the upgrade. You must create one to proceed.
- To install to an existing volume, selectTarget Volumeand select the volume for the upgrade.
- To install to a new volume, selectNew Volume, and type the new volume name.
- To back up the BIG-IQ device, selectBackup the BIG-IQ System before upgrade.
- Click theInstallbutton at the bottom of the screen.