Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Use the wizard to launch a new instance
- From the OpenStack dashboard, clickto display the Instances page, and then clickLaunch Instance.The Launch Instance dialog box opens on the Details page.
- Type anInstance Name, and make sure theCountreflects how many instances you want to create, then clickNext.The Source page opens.
- FromSelect Boot Source, chooseVolume.Other options are supported for this control, but this is the most straightforward way to get up and running.
- Identify the volume you want, click+to select it, and then clickNext.If you have a lot of available volumes and want to find the one you want faster, you can type into the filters box so only volumes that match your filter criteria are listed. Then, you can sort the columns so that the volume you are looking for is easier to find.The Flavor page opens. In the OpenStack environment, aFlavoris a predefined virtual hardware profile that you can launch.
- Identify the flavor you want to use, click+to select it, and then clickNext.Again, you can use the filter and column sort to find the image more quickly.The Networks page opens.
- Starting with the management network, identify the network interfaces that you want the instance to have, and click+to add them.It is essential that you add the management network first.If the new instance requires further customization to comply with your business processes, you can use theNextandBackbuttons to access the remaining pages and specify additional detail. Otherwise, this instance is ready to launch.
- When you are satisfied with the specifications for the new instance, clickLaunch Instance.Although an animation should display to indicate the progress of this process, timeouts in the OpenStack user interface do occur. If the process seems to be taking longer than it should, refresh to update the view.