Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Upload a BIG-IQ image to your OpenStack environment
- In a browser, open the F5 Downloads page (https://downloads.f5.com) and log in.
- On the Downloads Overview page, clickFind a Download.
- Under Product Line, clickCentralized Management.
- Click the link for the BIG-IQ version that you are installing.
- If the End User Software License is displayed, read it and then clickI Accept.
- Determine which BIG-IQ Virtual Edition file package to download.
- If you are deploying a BIG-IQ Centralized Management device, download the file name that ends in.qcow2.zip. This package creates a 95GB disk footprint at installation.
- If you are deploying a Data Collection Device, download the file name that ends inLARGE.qcow2.zip. This package creates a 500GB disk footprint at installation.
- Extract theqcow2file from the Zip archive and save it temporarily to your workstation’s local storage.
- Log in to your OpenStack environment dashboard.
- Navigate toto display the Images page, and then clickCreate Image.
- On the Create Image dialog box, type a name and an optional description for the VE in theImage NameandImage Descriptionfields.
- ClickBrowse, and then navigate to the location to which you extracted theqcow2image and select it.To comply with your policies or business requirements, you can specify values for other fields on this page and on the next two pages, but these additional values are optional.
- ClickCreate Imageto start the image upload to the OpenStack environment.Although an animation should display to indicate the progress of this process, timeouts in the OpenStack user interface do occur. If the process seems to be taking longer than it should, refresh to update the view.