Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Set up the management network on the BIG-IQ virtual machine
- If the interfaces attach to a tenant network subnet that allocates IP addresses from a pre-defined static IP pool, an IP address is automatically assigned to the interface during deployment. In this case, you must use this address to access the BIG-IQ VE user interface ortmshcommand-line utility.
- If the interfaces (whether attached to tenant or external networks) are allocated their IP addresses using a DHCP server, then an IP address is automatically assigned to the BIG-IQ VE interface during deployment. You can use this address to access the BIG-IQ VE user interface ortmshcommand-line utility.
- If the interfaces attach to a tenant or external network without a mechanism for allocating IP addresses, you must manually assign an unused address to the network interface that complies with the required subnet criteria.
- From the OpenStack dashboard, clickto display the Instances page, and then select the check box for the instance you want to access.
- On the right side of the screen, from the Actions list, selectConsoleto open a console session for this BIG-IQ VE instance.
- At the login prompt, typeroot.
- At the password prompt, typedefault.
- Typeconfigand press Enter.The F5 Management Port Setup screen opens.
- Determine how to assign the management port:
DHCP is disabled by default to avoid assigning both IPv4 and IPv6 management addresses. F5 does not support settingmgmt-dhcpto enabled from the command line.
- If you want DHCP to automatically assign an address for the management port, selectYes.
- To manually assign an IP address and netmask for the management port, selectNoand follow the instructions to set the IPv4 address, network mask, and management route (gateway address).