Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Host machine requirements and recommendations
- OpenStack on Linux distribution with the native KVM package as its compute (hypervisor) node.The BIG-IQ Virtual Edition and Supported Hypervisors Matrix, published onsupport.f5.comidentifies the Linux versions currently supported.
- The OpenStack Horizon DashboardPower users might prefer to use the OpenStack command line or APIs to deploy and configure the BIG-IQ VE. Consult the OpenStack API documentation for your distribution for details on how to use these APIs.
- Connection to a common NTP source (this is especially important for each host in a redundant system configuration).
- Use a 64-bit architecture.
- Have support for virtualization (AMD-V or Intel VT-x) enabled.
- Support a one-to-one thread-to-defined virtual CPU ratio, or (on single-threading architectures) support at least one core per defined virtual CPU.
- Intel processors must be from the Core (or newer) workstation or server family of CPUs.