Manual Chapter : Bot Defense version compatibility
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.2.0, 8.1.0, 8.0.0
Bot Defense version compatibility
Unified Bot Defense profile configuration was introduced in BIG-IP version 14.1. Since its introduction, each version includes changes to improve bot protection. The following outlines the different settings and their impact if deployed over an unsupported version of BIG-IP.
BIG-IP version 14.0 or earlier
You can deploy bot protection over versions 14.0 or earlier, using the settings found in the DoS profile. BIG-IP devices running versions 14.1 or later cannot provide bot protection using the DoS profile settings. See
Managing DoS Profiles in Shared Securityto configure bot protection for managed BIG-IP devices running version 14.0, or earlier.
BIG-IP version 14.1 or later
When deploying a unified bot profile over your managed BIG-IP devices, ensure that your configuration meets the minimum requirements of the BIG-IP version. You can create a unified bot profile by going to.
- Bot Properties
- Blocking Page Response: The header for theDefault Responsesetting displayed in the preview differs on 14.1. The response header that appears in the blocking page will match the default text used for BIG-IP version 14.1.
- First CAPTCHA ResponseandFailure CAPTCHA Response: The body of theDefault Responsediffers between versions 14.1, 15.0 and 15.1.
- For all responses included in Bot Properties, it is recommended to add a custom response, to ensure uniformity across version deployments of bot protection.
- Mitigation Settings
- The following mitigation settings are not supported by BIG-IP 14.1. If you attempt to deploy a profile with these settings over an unsupported device, the deployment will result in an error.
- Redirect to Pool
- Honeypot Page
- Browser Verification
- Browser Settings: TheDisallow Bot Accessoption, is not supported by BIG-IP 14.1. If you attempt to deploy a profile with these settings over an unsupported device, the deployment will result in an error.