Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.3.0, 8.2.0, 8.1.0, 8.0.0
Discovering and importing SSL Orchestrator on BIG-IQ
BIG-IQ SSL Orchestrator overview
How do I start managing SSL Orchestrator from BIG-IQ?
- Add a BIG-IP or BIG-IP VE device located in your network, specify its configuration options, and import its services all in one step in a process called onboarding.
- Add a BIG-IP VE device located in a third-party cloud environment, then onboard it.
- Add one or more BIG-IP device(s) located in your network, and discover and import its services in a separate procedure.
Discover SSL Orchestrator configurations
- On BIG-IQ, clickDevices.
- On the left, clickBIG-IP Devices.If you are adding a new managed device, use the popup to select the services that you want to discover.The screen displays a list of managed devices for this BIG-IQ Centralized Management system.
- Under Device Name, select the BIG-IP device running the SSL Orchestrator service configuration that you want to discover.
- SelectSERVICESand scroll down to SSL Orchestrator at the bottom of the page.
- To discover the SSL Orchestrator service that you want to manage on BIG-IQ, clickDiscover.The discovery process should take several seconds. The system confirms when the SSLO device has been discovered.You cannot discover the SSL Orchestrator service from multiple BIG-IP devices at once. This service must be discovered from one BIG-IP device at a time.
- Wait fifteen minutes to discover another SSL Orchestrator service from a different BIG-IP device. This will allow the system enough time to auto-refresh.
Import SSL Orchestrator configuration into BIG-IQ
- On BIG-IQ, at the top, clickDevices.
- On the left, clickBIG-IP DEVICES.The screen displays the list of managed devices for this BIG-IQ Centralized Management system.
- Under Device Name, click the hostname of the BIG-IP device that contains the SSLO configuration you want to import.
- To import an SSLO device configuration into BIG-IQ, scroll down to SSL Orchestrator and selectImport.After you clickImport, the system opens a popup screen. On this screen, you review and update the settings for the SSLO service on the device. Then, you deploy those settings back to the BIG-IP device before importing the service to BIG-IQ.
- ForLocation, identify where the devices are physically located.
- To add this service to an existing location, clickUse Existing, and select the location to which you want BIG-IQ to add this device.
- To specify a new location, clickCreate New, and then type a name for the new location.
- Scan the rest of the settings and revise as needed.If SSLO has been configured on the BIG-IP device, BIG-IQ displays the current settings from the device. Otherwise, all other required fields are set to their defaults. In either case, you have the option to revise these settings here.
- ClickDeploy.BIG-IQ deploys the configuration you specified to the BIG-IP device, and then displays anImportbutton.
- ClickImport.BIG-IQ imports the SSLO configuration from the BIG-IP device.