Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.2.0, 8.1.0
Create an AS3 application service
- At the top of the screen, clickApplicationsthen, on the left, clickAPPLICATIONS.The screen lists the applications currently defined on this device.
- ClickCreate.The Create Application Service screen opens.
- Decide whether you want to add a service to an existing application or to create a new application and application service.To add a service to a new application:
To add a service to an existing application:
- For Grouping, selectNew Application.
- ForApplication Name, type a name for the new application.
- You can type aDescriptionto identify the new application.
- For Grouping, selectPart of an Existing Application.
- FromApplication Name, select the name of the application to which you want to add this application service.
- You can type aDescriptionto identify the application.
- For Application Service Method, selectUsing Templates.The screen displays additional controls.
- For theTemplate Type, select the AS3 template you want to use to create this application from.
- Use theApplication Service NameandDescriptionfields to identify this application service.
- For theTargetfield, identify the BIG-IP device to which you want the application to deploy.When you choose a target device, bear in mind that when AS3 deploys an application service, it deploys to the tenant partition specified in the AS3 template you are using. As part of the deployment process AS3 removes any objects previously existing in that target partition. For example, if you had manually deployed a number of virtual servers to a partition namedmy-app-serverson a BIG-IP namedmy.server.comand then use AS3 to deploy an application service to that same partition and device, AS3 would remove all of the virtual servers and then deploy the application service.
- Determine the objects that you want to deploy in this application.Required fields for the selected template are marked with a yellow border.
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
- For each object you decide to include in the application, revise the settings that you need to change.If you are deploying an application service to a device that resides in an Amazon or Azure cloud, you must type0.0.0.0/0for theVirtual Address. For both of these cloud environments, F5 recommends that you use an AWS or Azure load balancer in front of the device. The applications you plan to deploy on this device determine the required load balancer listener settings. Use the protocol and port appropriate for the template used to create this application.Use care when you configure a template to create objects that are used by other objects that are created in the same template. (For example, a template might create a service and a pool that the service uses.) If you name an object (you could name the pool Pool1 for example), and allow it to be edited, then when the application deploys, BIG-IQ looks for the name specified in the template; but, the person deploying the application service can edit that name to something else. Continuing the example, if the application deployer edits the pool name to something likeMyPool1, the deployment would fail. It fails because the template creates a pool namedPool1, but the deployment ‘looks for’ a pool namedMyPool1. To ensure successful application deployment, best practice is to leave editable objects in the template un-named so that the application deployer can use the name that best suits their need at the time.
- When you have configured the objects that you want to include in this application, clickCreate.BIG-IQ creates the application and deploys the application service to the target you specified.