Manual Chapter : Managing Virtual Servers in Web Application Security
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.3.0, 8.2.0, 8.1.0
Managing Virtual Servers in Web Application
About virtual servers in Web Application
Web Application Security displays virtual servers for each discovered BIG-IP device, and enables you to view the properties for these virtual servers and manage the policies attached to them.
For each BIG-IP device discovered, Web Application Security creates an extra virtual server named
inactiveto hold all policies not related to any virtual server in the discovered device. This virtual server has an IP address expressed as dashes (
----) in the virtual server list.
Security policies that are not attached to any virtual servers on the BIG-IP device are assigned to this virtual server. Policies created or modified on the BIG-IQ system and attached to this inactive virtual server will be deployed to the associated BIG-IP device without attaching it to any other virtual server. This is the only virtual server that is allowed to have multiple policies assigned to it.
Attaching Web Application Security
policies to virtual servers
You can view virtual server properties and attach Web Application Security policies to virtual servers.
- Click.The screen shows a list of the virtual servers that can be used with Web Application Security policies.
- Click the name of the virtual server to view properties or to manage the policy attached to the virtual server.The following properties cannot be changed from this screen.PropertyDescriptionNameName of the virtual server.Full PathFull path, including partition, to the virtual server on the BIG-IP device.IP AddressSelf IP address of the BIG-IP device.DeviceFully qualified domain name of the BIG-IP device.
- To change the policy attached to the virtual server, use theAttached Policysetting.
- To attach a policy to the virtual server, select the policy from the list.
- To remove the attached policy from the virtual server, click theXto the left of the policy name.
- If you changed which policy is attached to the virtual server, save your work.