Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.2.0, 8.1.0
Build the Data Collection Device Cluster
Add BIG-IQ data collection devices
- From BIG-IQ, at the top of the screen, clickSystem, then, on the left, click .The BIG-IQ Data Collection Devices screen opens listing the DCDs in the cluster. The Services column lists the BIG-IP services monitored by each DCD. If no services are enabled for a DCD, this column displaysAdd Servicesinstead.
- For theDiscovery/Listener Address, type one of the self IP addresses for this DCD.The BIG-IQ system uses this address to discover the DCD. The DCD uses this address to listen for alerts from your managed devices.
- In theUsernamefield, type the admin account user name.
- In thePasswordfield, type the admin password.
- In theData Collection IP Addressfield, type one of the self IP addresses for this DCD.The DCD uses this address to exchange data and replicas with other DCDs in the cluster.The DCD and BIG-IQ should both use the same VLAN.
- Note theData Collection Portvalue (9300). This field displays the number of the port that DCDs in your cluster use for internal polling and communication with each other.You cannot change the port, but knowing the port number might be useful when resolving DCD communications issues.
- For theZonesetting, either select the disaster recovery zone in which you want this DCD to reside, or use the default setting.
- If your organization does not use zones, usedefault.
- To use an existing zone, select it.
- To create a zone:
- SelectCreate New. A new text box opens.
- Type the name for the new zone.
- You can use zones to optimize statistics traffic routing. By assigning DCDs to a zone and then assigning managed BIG-IP devices to that zone, you control which DCDs collect statistic traffic for each device.
- DCD zone awareness factors into how the DCD cluster performs during Disaster Recovery scenarios. The role zones play in these scenarios is discussed in the Disaster Recovery Best Practices article onsupport.f5.com.
- ClickSave & Close.
Check the health of devices in a DCD cluster
- From BIG-IQ, at the top of the screen, clickSystem, then, on the left, clickBIG-IQ DATA COLLECTIONand then selectBIG-IQ Data Collection Cluster.The BIG-IQ Data Collection Cluster screen opens. On this screen, you can view summary status for the Data Collection Device (DCD) cluster and access the screens that you can use to configure the DCD cluster.
- UnderSUMMARY, you can access screens detailing how much data is stored, as well as how the data is stored.
- UnderCONFIGURATION, you can access the screens that control DCD cluster performance.
- Click theSettingsbutton.The Settings screen opens to display the current state of the DCD cluster defined for this BIG-IQ device.
- Inspect the DCD cluster details listed in the Summary area.Sub-screenWhat details are provided here?StatusLook here for information about the current status of the cluster.NodesLook here for information about the current state of the cluster nodes.IndexesLook here for information about the current state of the cluster indexes.ShardsLook here for information about the current state of the cluster shards.Cluster SettingsLook here for information about the DCD cluster configured for this device.External Storage & SnapshotsLook here for summary information about the external storage location used to keep the backup snapshots you create for the DCD cluster configured for this device.Logging Data CollectionLook here for summary information about the event and alert log indices that have been configured for this DCD.Statistics Data CollectionLook here for details about the statistics data stored on this DCD.This information provides a fairly detailed overview that describes the DCD cluster you have created to store data. After you complete an upgrade, you can check the health to verify that the cluster restored successfully.