Applies To:Show Versions
- 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.4, 14.1.3, 14.1.2, 14.1.0, 14.0.1, 14.0.0, 13.1.4, 13.1.3, 13.1.1, 13.1.0, 12.1.4, 12.1.3
Overview: f5optics package and optical transceiver
Platform support for 100GbE
Installation for systems running BIG-IP software on TMOS
Verify the f5optics version on a system running BIG-IP software
- Log in to the command line interface (CLI) of the system using an account with root access.
- Verify thef5opticspackage version.tmsh show net f5opticsThis is an example of the output that you might see when you run this command on a BIG-IP system:Name : f5optics Relocations: (not relocatable) Version : 1.0.0 Vendor: (none) Release : 60.0 Build Date: Wed 13 May 2020 12:29:48 AM PDT Group : System Environment/Libraries Source RPM: f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.src.rpm Summary : F5 optics configuration Description : f5 Optics ConfigurationThis is an example of the output that you might see when you run this command on a VIPRION system:=== slot 2 addr 192.0.2.11 color green === Name : f5optics Relocations: (not relocatable) Version : 1.0.0 Vendor: (none) Release : 60.0 Build Date: Wed 13 May 2020 12:29:48 AM PDT Group : System Environment/Libraries Source RPM: f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.src.rpm Summary : F5 optics configuration Description : f5 Optics Configuration
Download the f5optics package
- Log in to downloads.f5.com and clickFind a Download.
- In the Hardware-Specific area, clickPlatform / EUD.
- Selectf5optics - Hardware-Specificfrom the list.
- Click the file namef5opticsto start the download.
- Read the End User Software License and clickI Accept.
- Click the file namef5optics-<to start the download.version-and-build-number>.im
- Download the corresponding checksum file and README file.The corresponding checksum file has the same name as the IM file, except that.md5is the file extension. After the download completes, verify the integrity of the file by checking the MD5 checksum.
Install the f5optics package
- Connect to the system using the serial console or by opening an SSH session to the management IP address.
- Log in to the command line interface (CLI) of the system using an account with admin access.
- Open the TMOS Shell (tmsh).tmsh
- Change to the network module.netThe system prompt updates with the module name:user@bigip01(Active)(/Common)(tmos.net)#
- Install thef5opticspackage.install f5optics [recovery] [slot[ <slot-number> |all] ]Theslotoption applies only to chassis-based systems. Therecoveryoption enables you to recover from a corruptedf5opticsinstallation by installing the latest version of thef5opticspackage that is currently available on the system.
- When you are prompted to confirm the installation, typey.A summary similar to this example displays:Before installation: f5optics-1.0.0-56.0.i686 f5optics-1.0.0-56.0.x86_64 already installed. Installing f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.i686.rpm f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.x86_64.rpm After installation: f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.i686 f5optics-1.0.0-60.0.x86_64 is installed. Restarting bcm56xxd