Applies To:Show Versions
About repackaging the platform
Repackage the i15000 Series platform
- Place the shipping box on the pallet.
- Halt the platform using the LCD panel.
- Disconnect the AC power cordor DC power terminalfrom the power supply units (PSUs).
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the chassis, and then remove any optical modules.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
- Remove all installation hardware from the chassis.
- Line the bottom of the shipping box so that the wrapping sheet is open lengthwise.
- Lower the chassis onto the bottom foam in the shipping box, with the front of the chassis facing the side of the foam labeled FRONT, and then secure the wrapping sheet with a strip of packaging tape.
- Insert the front and rear foam pieces into the slots on the bottom foam.
- Place the accessory box in between the two foam pieces.
- Close and seal the shipping box with one strip of tape across the middle seam and one strip on each side seam.
- Place the longer edge protectors on the long sides of the box and the shorter edge protectors on the shorter side of the box, and then secure with 1/2 inch polypropylene strapping (600 lbs break strength).Straps must be tight enough that they do not slip when pulled to the side.For the lengthwise strap, wrap around the pallet strings and double back. Do not feed the straps underneath the pallet.