Manual Chapter : Repackaging Guidelines
Applies To:Show Versions
About repackaging the platform
If it becomes necessary to transport the platform to another location or return it to F5, these guidelines will help ensure that you repackage the platform properly.
You can perform a disk erase operation to erase all sensitive data from storage drives (for example, solid-state drives and hard disk drives) before you return a platform to
F5. For more information, see
F5 Platforms: Essentialsat techdocs.f5.com/en-us/hw-platforms/f5-plat-hw-essentials.html.
Before returning any equipment, contact
F5to obtain a Service Order (SO) or Return Material Authorization (RMA) case number.
You must use shipping materials and packaging provided by
F5when repackaging the platform.
Be sure to keep a record of the tracking number and ship date. These will be needed to track lost shipments.
Do not include any cables, removable transceiver modules, GBICs, or other peripheral items if you are returning the platform to
Repackage the i15000 Series platform
The i15000 Series platforms must be shipped in F5-provided packaging.
To ensure your safety and to prevent damage to the platform, F5 strongly recommends that you have at least two people remove the platform from the rack and repackage it into the shipping box.
- Place the shipping box on the pallet.
- Halt the platform using the LCD panel.
- Disconnect the AC power cordor DC power terminalfrom the power supply units (PSUs).
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the chassis, and then remove any optical modules.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
- Remove all installation hardware from the chassis.
- Line the bottom of the shipping box so that the wrapping sheet is open lengthwise.
- Lower the chassis onto the bottom foam in the shipping box, with the front of the chassis facing the side of the foam labeled FRONT, and then secure the wrapping sheet with a strip of packaging tape.
- Insert the front and rear foam pieces into the slots on the bottom foam.
- Place the accessory box in between the two foam pieces.
- Close and seal the shipping box with one strip of tape across the middle seam and one strip on each side seam.
- Place the longer edge protectors on the long sides of the box and the shorter edge protectors on the shorter side of the box, and then secure with 1/2 inch polypropylene strapping (600 lbs break strength).Straps must be tight enough that they do not slip when pulled to the side.For the lengthwise strap, wrap around the pallet strings and double back. Do not feed the straps underneath the pallet.