Applies To:Show Versions
- 1.1.1, 1.1.0
Migrate system configuration from one system to another
- Log in to the command line interface (CLI) of the system controller using an account with admin access.When you log in to the system, you are in user (operational) mode.
- Change to config mode.configThe CLI prompt changes to include(config).
- Set the primary key with the same passphrase on both the source and destination devices.system aaa primary-key set passphrase <known_pass> confirm-passphrase <known_pass> salt <known_salt> confirm-salt <known_salt>Response info:Key migration is initiated. Use 'show system aaa primary-key state status' to get status
- Check the status of the primary key on both the source and destination devices.show system aaa primary-key state statusExample response info:system aaa primary-key state status "COMPLETE Initiated: Thu Feb 18 01:37:53 2021"
- Check the primary key hash on both the source and destination devices.show system aaa primary-key state hashFor example:syscon-2-active# show system aaa primary-key state hash system aaa primary-key state hash YTkPNw5nxY/nqgfyNjdHZUZ WD1tfvxNY30+VAbSstzheCnE6Vy6aADftJKrVWY5W5w3UaQeRnwkT0NeFkb5Svg== syscon-2-active#
- On the source device, save the system controller configuration.system database config-backup name backup1.xmlSystem controller configuration backup files are located in/mnt/var/confd/configs.
- Export the configuration backup file from the source device to an HTTPS server.file export local-file /mnt/var/confd/configs/backup1.xml remote-file /tmp/backup1.xml remote-host 172.27.21.75 username rootThe system requests the password for the remote root account.Value for 'password' (<string>): ******* result File transfer is initiated.(/mnt/var/confd/configs/backup1.xml)
- Import the configuration backup onto the destination device from the HTTPS server.file import local-file /mnt/var/confd/configs/backup1.xml remote-file /tmp/backup1.xml remote-host 172.27.21.75 username root Value for 'password' (<string>): *******
- Load the configuration backup onto the destination device.system database config-restore name backup1.xmlsystem database config-restore name backup1.xml response Succeeded.If the migration fails for any reason, the system automatically restores the previous configuration.
- Reset the primary key with a different password on both the source and destination devices (not required but recommended for security).system aaa primary-key set passphrase <known_pass> confirm-passphrase <known_pass> salt <known_salt> confirm-salt <known_salt>
- Commit the configuration changes.commit
- Leave config mode.exit