Applies To:Show Versions
- 1.1.1, 1.1.0
Deploy tenants from the webUI
- Log in to the chassis partition webUI using an account with admin access.
- On the left, click.The Tenant Deployment screen displays showing the existing tenant deployments and associated details.
- To add a tenant deployment, clickAdd.The Add Tenant Deployment screen displays.
- ForName, type a name for the tenant deployment (up to 49 characters).The first character in the name cannot be a number. After that, only lowercase alphanumeric characters and hyphens are allowed.
- LeaveTypeset to the defaultBIG-IP.
- ForImage, select a software image.
- ForAllowed Slots, first select the appropriate option:
Then, select the slots (or blades) that you want the tenant to span from the list.
- Partition Member Slotslists only slots that the chassis partition includes.
- Any Slotslists any slot on the chassis even if not associated with the chassis partition, and even if no blade is installed in that slot. You have the option of selecting slots 1-8 whether or not they are associated with the chassis partition. This allows you to preconfigure tenant deployments before the hardware is installed and before the partition is configured to include it.
- ForIP Address, type the IP address of the tenant.
- ForPrefix Length, type a number from 1-32 for the length of the prefix.
- ForGateway, type the IP address of the gateway.
- ForVLANs, select the VLAN that you created.
- ForResource Provisioning, selectRecommendedThis specifies recommended values for vCPUs and memory for the tenant.
- ForvCPUs Per Slot, select2.
- ForMemory Per Slot, accept the default values.
- ForState, chooseDeployed.This changes the tenant to the Deployed state. The tenant is set up, resources are allocated to the tenant, the image is moved onto the blade, the software is installed, and after those tasks are complete, the tenant is fully deployed and running. If you choose this option, it takes a few minutes to complete the deployment and bring up the system.
- ForCrypto/Compression Acceleration, selectEnabled.When this option is enabled, the tenant receives dedicated crypto devices proportional to number of vCPU cores. Crypto processing and compression are off-loaded to the hardware.
- ForAppliance Mode, accept the default value (Disabled.)
- ClickSave & Close.