Applies To:Show Versions
Apply the PTF to 3DNS System version 1.0.4 using the following process:
- Click here and follow the instructions for using the F5 Networks FTP site.
- Download 3dns104PTF-01.tar.gz file to the /var/tmp/ directory on the target 3DNS System.
Enter the following commands on the command line:
kill `cat /var/run/big3d.pid`
kill `cat /var/run/syslog.pid`
ps -aux thttpd
gtar xvzpUf /var/tmp/3dns104PTF-01.tar.gz
- Reinstall the big3d utility by selecting Install and Start big3d from the 3DNS Maintenance menu.
- Restart the syslogd utility.
- Restart the thttpd web server by selecting Start 3DNS Administration from the 3DNS Maintenance menu.
- Enter the following on the command line to complete
the PTF installation:
Note: It is very important that you start big3d on all BIG/ip controllers, and then restart named on all 3DNS Systems.
This PTF resolves the following issues:
- Fix 1863: MX queries
are corrupted when domain names and zone names are identical
If you used zone names and domain names that were
identical, the 3DNS System would return corrupted records. This issue is
resolved, and the following example /etc/wideip.conf configuration now works properly.
- Fix 2247: The big3d parent process occasionally stops working
The big3d's parent process occasionally stops working on the BIG/ip Controller when issuing virtual server status commands on behalf of the 3DNS Controller. Because the 3DNS controller communicates with the BIG/ip Controller using the parent process of big3d, iQuery communication would be stopped. This problem was caused by a race condition between big3d and bigpipe for a system resource. In the updated software, the race condition is now properly detected, error messages are logged, and queries are resubmitted.
The corresponding excerpt from /var/namedb/db.domain.com would read:domain.com. IN MX 10 mx.domain.com
www.domain.com. IN A 192.168.111.111
The PTF does not introduce new software configuration issues.
There are no known issues at this time.