Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP versions 1.x - 4.x
- 2.0.1 PTF-01
These installation instructions apply to all customers using version 2.0.1 of the BIG/ip Controller software and who need the functionality listed in the Enhancements and Fixes section.
Use the following process to install the software:
- Click here and follow the instructions for using the F5 Networks FTP site.
- Download bigipv201-01domkit.tar file to the /var/tmp/ directory on the BIG/ip Controller.
International customers need use FTP in passive mode from the BIG/ip Controller to download the bigipv201-01intlkit.tar file. To place FTP in passive mode, type pass from the command line before transferring the file.
- Enter the following commands to install this PTF:
tar -xvpf /var/tmp/bigipv201-01domkit.tar
- From the root, run the following command:
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
The install will automatically create a backup of your /etc/rc.local and /etc/rc.sysctl files and remove any old files that are no longer used. If you have made changes to your /etc/rc.local file, you may need to edit the file and retype your modifications. Backups of the files are stored in /var/save/backupyymmdd.hhmm/ on your BIG/ip Controller.
Once you install the software, refer to the Configuring and using the updated software section, which contains important information about changing parameter settings in the bigip.conf file.
There are no configuration issues for BIG/ip Controller version 2.0.1PTF-01.
- 1066: The BIG/ip Controller sends a reset when it receives a reset
The BIG/ip Controller now discards the resets it receives, in accordance with RFC 793.
- 1346: Transparent Node Mode, UDP and ICMP not routed properly through firewalls
UDP and ICMP packets are now routed through firewalls using the node route.
- 1350: Order of checking NATS and virtual servers reversed in Transparent Node Mode
When working in Transparent Node Mode, NATs are now checked before virtual servers so that a wildcard virtual server does not mask the NATs. In Normal Mode, virtual servers are still checked first.
- 1387: ICMP need frag packets to a virtual server in Transparent Node Mode are not handled correctly
The BIG/ip Controller kernel now handles ICMP packets so that the route MTU is adjusted and an ICMP need to fragment message is sent to the sender.
- 1388: ICMP need frag packets to a NAT external IP address are not handled correctly
The BIG/ip Controller kernel now handles ICMP packets so that the route MTU is adjusted and an ICMP >need to fragment message is sent to the sender.
- 1389: icmp_error receives a translated offending packet and calls icmp_reflect
The BIG/ip Controller kernel now saves a portion of the original packet and retranslates the packet before passing it to the icmp_error function.
- 1390: BSD incorrectly sets icmp-nextmtu to if_mtu when generating an ICMP need frag packet
If Path MTU discovery is on and the BIG/ip Controller receives a packet that is longer than its MTU, BSD sends an ICMP need to fragment message with the icmp_nextmtu variable set to the MTU of the route, so that the sender can reduce its MTU for that route. Otherwise, BSD sends an ICMP need to fragment message with the icmp_nextmtu variable set to if_mtu.
- 1398: Disabled nodes reject persistent connections
The BIG/ip Controller now allows persistent connections to continue after you disable a node.