Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP versions 1.x - 4.x
- 3.0 PTF-01
Installing the PTF
Apply the PTF to BIG/ip Controller version 3.0 using the following process:
- Click here and follow the instructions for using the F5 Networks FTP site.
Use FTP in passive mode from the BIG/ip Controller to download the file. To place FTP in passive mode, type pass from the command line before transferring the file.
- Download the appropriate file to the /var/tmp/ directory on the target BIG/ip Controller:
- For US BIG/ip Controllers, download the v30ptf1domkit.tar file.
- For international BIG/ip Controllers, download the v30ptf1intlkit.tar file.
- Enter the following commands to install this PTF:
tar -xvpf v30ptf1domkit.tar (Domestic HA/HA+ and LB)
tar -xvpf v30ptf1intlkit.tar (International HA/LB)
- Run the following commands:
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
The install automatically creates a backup of the /etc/syslog.conf file in /var/save/backupyymmdd_hhmm/ on the BIG/ip Controller and removes any old files that are no longer used. If you have made changes to the /etc/syslog.conf file, you may need to edit that file and retype your modifications.
The checksums for this PTF are available in a file called sums, which can be downloaded from the FTP site.
Once you have installed the PTF software, please refer to the Configuring and using the updated software.
What's fixed in this PTF
- CR 6122: Encryption for big3d conversations is not turned off on international controllers
3DNS Controllers now automatically disable encryption on big3d agents residing on international controllers.
- CR 6249: ICMP port unavailable messages return a corrupt encapsulated IP header
When sending a UDP packet to a BIG/ip Controller through an unavailable port, the returned message you receive now contains the original IP header that was sent out with the UDP packet.
- CR 6358: International missing some of the new help files
Online help for the international version of the BIG/ip System Properties page and Virtual Server Properties page is now current.
- CR 6391: FTP data connections do not utilize lasthop routing feature
FTP data connections now use the lasthop routing feature.
- CR 6394: BIG/top crashes if DNS names are longer than 22 bytes
When performing a DNS name lookup, BIG/top now uses a buffer that exceeds 22 bytes.
- CR 6399: Virtual servers outbound UDP blocked through source and destination interface
Outbound UDP packets are no longer blocked when source and destination processing are simultaneously enabled.
- CR 6400: Reverse ECV service checks fail
Bignode reverse service ping now correctly handles responses larger than one packet.
Configuring and using the updated software
There are no configuration changes necessary for this PTF.
There are no known issues for this PTF.