Applies To:Show Versions
This release note documents the version 3.3.2 release of the WANJet software. This release is cumulative. You can apply the software upgrade to version 3.1.1 and later. For information about installing the software, please refer to the WANJet User Guide.
This release supports the following platforms:
- WANJet 200
- WANJet 400
If you are unsure which platform you have, look on the About screen of the WANJet system user interface.
To back up your current configuration before installing the software upgrade, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the WANJet Web UI.
https://<your WANJet 200 or WANJet 400 appliance IP address>:10000
- From the menu, click System.
- Click Backup.
The Backup screen displays.
- Click the word, here.
The browser opens a File Download window for you to save the backup file to your local computer. This default backup file is Settings-<ServerName>.NTCL.
- Save the backup file to your local hard disk.
- Rename the backup file to identify the specific WANJet appliance that you are backing up and the current date.
To install the software upgrade, perform the following steps:
- Verify that a disk image of the new version of the WANJet software is accessible from the local computer on which you are viewing the Web UI (on CD-ROM, for example).
- From the WANJet Web UI menu, click System.
- Click Upgrade.
The Upgrade screen displays.
- Click Stop [Server Name] to stop the current processing session.
A confirmation request displays.
- Click the OK button to continue.
- Click the Browse button and locate the upgrade file on your computer.
- Upload the upgrade file to the WANJet appliance.
- Click Upgrade WANJet.
The WANJet appliance restarts automatically when the upgrade process is complete.
Performing a remote upgrade from versions 3.1.1 or 3.1.2
You can perform a remote upgrade to version 3.3.2 from any 3.1.x release. However, if you are upgrading from version 3.1.1 or 3.1.2, you must complete the following procedure.
- From the operational mode page, change the status of all WANJet systems to inactive.
- Install the software upgrade on all of the WANJet systems.
- One at a time, change the status for all of the WANJet systems to active.
This release includes the following new features and fixes.
You can now manage the WANJet appliance through the management network interface port. You can configure the management network interface port parameters from the LCD panel.
Common Internet File Sharing (CIFS)
The WANJet appliance now accelerates CIFS file copies (read and write) and directory browsing. For the WANJet appliance to accelerate CIFS files, the Optimization Policy must have the following settings for ports 139 and 445:
- The Processing Mode is set to ACM5.
- Connection Intercept is enabled.
For specific information about configuring ports, refer to the WANJet User Guide.
This is the first release in the version 3.3 branch, therefore, there are no fixes for this release.
The following items are known issues in the current release.
TDR-2 performance enhancements (TT2869)
Full TDR-2 performance enhancements are not realized with some text files.
Link down entries in diagnostic log (TT2926)
There are occasional unexplained link down entries in the diagnostic log, however, connectivity is not affected.
Optimizable connections issues (TT2930)
Some optimizable connections are not optimized. This might be related to local configuration of remote subnets.
WANJet 200 platform and hardware bypass mode (TT3079)
Occasionally, when the WANJet system on the WANJet 200 platform is under sustained, heavy load, the system might enter hardware bypass mode, where traffic is passed through and not optimized. To resolve this issue, reset the WANJet system.
Blocked traffic (TT3102)
If the WANJet appliance is under sustained, extremely heavy load processing a high rate of requests per second, the WANJet system might enter a state in which traffic is blocked. To resolve this issue, reset the WANJet system.