Applies To:Show Versions
- 11.5.9, 11.5.8, 11.5.7, 11.5.6, 11.5.5, 11.5.4, 11.5.3, 11.5.2, 11.5.1
Overview: Setting up an iSession connection using the Quick Start screen
The Quick Start screen for WAN acceleration provides the settings you need to configure an iSession connection on one side of the WAN. To complete the iSession connection, you must use the Quick Start screen on the BIG-IP system on the other side of the WAN.
The Quick Start screen is for the initial BIG-IP symmetric acceleration setup. To change the settings for any iSession acceleration objects after you have completed the initial configuration on the Quick Start screen, use the screen that pertains to that object. For example, to change the settings for the local endpoint, use the Local Endpoint screen.
Setting up an iSession connection using the Quick Start screen
- Log in to the BIG-IP system that you want to configure. The default login value for both user name and password is admin.
- On the Main tab, click .
- In the WAN Self IP Address field, type the local endpoint IP address, if it is not already displayed. This IP address must be in the same subnet as a self IP address on the BIG-IP system, and to make sure that dynamic discovery properly detects this endpoint, the IP address must be the same as a self IP address on the BIG-IP system.
- Verify that the Discovery setting is set to Enabled. If you disable the Discovery setting, or discovery fails, you must manually configure any remote endpoints and advertised routes.
Specify the VLANs on which the virtual servers on this system receive incoming
Option Description LAN VLANs Select the VLANs that receive incoming LAN traffic destined for the WAN. WAN VLANs Select the VLANs that receive traffic from the WAN through an iSession connection.
- In the Authentication area, for the Outbound iSession to WAN setting, select the SSL profile to use for all encrypted outbound iSession connections. To get WAN optimization up and running, you can use the default selection serverssl, but you need to customize this profile for your production environment.
For the Inbound iSession from WAN setting, select the
SSL profile to use on the incoming iSession connection.
To get WAN optimization up and running, you can use the default selection
Note: If you configure the iSession connection to not always encrypt the traffic between the endpoints, this profile must be a client SSL profile for which the Non-SSL Connections setting is enabled, such as wom-default-clientssl.
In the IP Encapsulation area, from the IP Encapsulation
Type list, select the encapsulation type, if any, for outbound
- If you select FEC, select a FEC profile from the FEC Profile list that appears, or retain the default, default-ipsec-policy-isession.
- If you select IPsec, select an IPsec policy from the IPSEC Policy list that appears, or retain the default, default-ipsec-policy-isession.
- If you select IPIP, the system uses the IP over IP tunneling protocol, and no additional encapsulation setting is necessary.
- If you select GRE, select a GRE profile from the GRE Profile list that appears, or retain the default, gre.
- Click Apply.