Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.1.2, 14.1.0, 14.0.1, 14.0.0, 13.1.3, 13.1.1, 13.1.0, 13.0.1, 13.0.0, 12.1.5, 12.1.4, 12.1.3, 12.1.2, 12.1.1, 12.1.0
Troubleshooting the iSession Configuration
About symmetric optimization diagnostics
On-screen diagnostic messages help you troubleshoot problems in the symmetric optimization configuration itself, or in a connection, such as between the two endpoints, between a client or server and the adjacent BIG-IP® system, or another point in the routing setup.
Symmetric optimization Diagnostics screen
Symmetric optimization diagnostic error messages
This table describes the types of messages that appear when you run the diagnostic tools provided on the symmetric optimization Diagnostics screen.
|INFO||For informational purposes, indicates, for instance, whether deduplication is enabled on the local BIG-IP® system.|
|OK||A verification check for symmetric optimization configuration.|
|WARN||Indicates that some functions might not be fully operational.|
|FAIL||The highest severity level, displayed in red, indicates that symmetric optimization is not able to function. You must fix this problem before proceeding.|
Troubleshooting network connectivity for iSession configurations
- On the Main tab, click .
In the Diagnose Network Connections field, type the IP
address of a remote iSession endpoint, and click the Run
Network connection diagnostic information appears on the screen. Use this information to determine whether there is a connection between the local iSession endpoint and the remote iSession endpoint you specify.
- Use the data displayed on the screen to make corrections.
In the Ping field, type the IP address of a host, for
example, a remote BIG-IP system, and click the Run
Use this utility to determine whether other BIG-IP systems can be reached through the routed WAN network. If ping fails, verify the configuration of your VLANs, self IP addresses, and default gateway.
Use the data displayed on the screen to make corrections, such as properly
defining the local and remote routes.
Ping results appear on the screen. If a ping fails, you can use Traceroute to pinpoint the location of a failure in the network.
- In the Traceroute field, type the destination IP address you want to reach, and click the Run button.
- Use the data displayed on the screen to correct any routing problems. This data can reveal whether the problem is in the WAN, or is local to either of the BIG-IP systems. You can also view the observed latency, if any, along the WAN path.
Running symmetric optimization configuration diagnostics
- On the Main tab, click .
Next to Diagnose WOM Configuration, click the
Run button to verify that symmetric optimization is
Note: If you have not sent traffic through the designated network, dynamic discovery might not have discovered the remote endpoint.In the following example, the SDD codec mismatch on the peers causes a warning message, because symmetric optimization features other than deduplication are functional.
Example of screen after running Diagnose WOM Configuration.
- Correct any configuration errors as indicated on the screen.
- After you correct any errors, click the Run button to run the configuration diagnostics again.
- Repeat these steps on the BIG-IP system on the other side of the WAN to verify that symmetric optimization on the other system is configured correctly.