Applies To:Show Versions
- 12.1.6, 12.1.5, 12.1.4, 12.1.3, 12.1.2, 12.1.1, 12.1.0
Updating Signatures for Application Recognition
Overview: Updating classification signatures
Classification signatures define different types of traffic that Policy Enforcement Manager™ (PEM) can recognize, through Traffic Intelligence™. PEM™ recognizes a predefined set of signatures for common applications and application categories that are updated periodically. You can download signature updates from F5 Networks, and schedule the system to automatically update the signatures. You can also manually install the classification signatures and updates, for example, if the BIG-IP® system does not have Internet access.
Scheduling automatic signature updates
On the Main tab, click
. The Signatures screen opens.
Click Check for Updates to manually upload a signature
file update if one is available.
You see the current date and time in the Latest Update Check setting of the Signature Definitions area.
To upload a signature file update, in the Signature Definitions area, click
The Applications screen displays a Signatures File field where you can select the new signature file.
- In the Signatures File field, click Choose File to navigate to the previously uploaded signatures file.
A message displays indicating whether your upload was successful.
- For the Automatic Updates Settings, in the Signature Update screen, select Enabled.
- From the Update Schedule setting, select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly to specify how often you want the system to check for updates.
- Click Update to save your settings.