Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.0.1, 14.0.0, 13.1.4, 13.1.3, 13.1.1, 13.1.0
Overview: Configuring DHCP lease query
The F5® Policy Enforcement Manager™ (PEM) obtains DHCP lease information from the DHCP servers, to create new PEM™ sessions. There is support for both IPv4 and IPv6. When data packets arrive at BIG-IP® system, PEM also uses DHCP lease query to obtain IP lease information and re-create the PEM sessions.
Configuring DHCP lease query in subscriber management
On the Main tab, click
.The Subscriber Management screen opens.
The New Subscriber Management Profile screen opens.
- In the Name field, type a unique name for the subscriber management profile.
- At the right of the Settings area, select the Custom check box, and then select Enabled from the DHCP Lease Query list to obtain DHCP Lease information.
- From the DHCP Virtual Server Name list, select the DHCP virtual server that you created.
This enables the DHCP Lease Query for the subscriber management profile you created.
On the Main tab, click
.The Date Plane Listeners screen opens.
Click Add Group.
The New Virtual Group screen opens.
- In the Name field, type a unique name for the listener.
In the Destination Address field, type the IP address of the
virtual server. For example, 10.0.0.1 or
Note: When you use an IPv4 address without specifying a prefix, the BIG-IP® system automatically uses a /32 prefix.Tip: You can use a catch-all virtual server (0.0.0.0) to specify all traffic that is delivered to the BIG-IP® system. Configure the source and destination setting, during forwarding mode only. In the relay mode, the client does not have an IP address and the DHCP provides the client with an IP address.The system will create a virtual server using the address or network you specify.
- For the Service Port setting, type or select the service port for the virtual server.
- From the VLAN and Tunnel Traffic list, select Enabled on. Then, for the VLANs and Tunnels setting, move the VLAN or VLANs on which you want to allow the virtual servers to share traffic from the Available list to the Selected list.
- For the VLANs and Tunnels setting, move the VLANs and tunnels that you want to monitor for RADIUS traffic from the Available list to the Selected list.
- From the Subscriber Management Profile list, select the subscriber management profile that you created.
The Policy Enforcement Manager creates a listener.