Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP Link Controller
Viewing Application Page Load Times
Overview: Viewing application page load times
You can evaluate amount of time it takes for application web pages to load on client-side browsers. This information is useful if end users report that an application is slow, and you want to determine the cause of the problem. The system collects client-side page load times only if the Analytics profile associated web application is configured to save page load time statistics.
- 200 OK response
- The HTTP content is not compressed
- The HTTP content-type is text/html.
- The HTTP content contains an HTML <head> tag
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 4 or later
- Chrome 10 or later
Viewing application page load times
On the Main tab, click
. The Overview screen opens and displays current HTTP statistics averaged over the last hour. On the screen, you can see time controls on the top, charts on the left, and a list of dimensions on the right.
Scroll down to the Page Load Time chart.
The chart shows the average page load time and maximum page load time for all applications and virtual servers associated with all Analytics profiles.
To view page load times for a specific
application, from the dimensions on the right, expand Applications and select that
The chart shows page load times only for the selected application.
To see more detailed page load time statistics for
any expanded dimensions, double-click the handle at the top of the dimensions
Tables containing detailed statistics for the items in the dimensions are displayed.
In the table, hover over the headings to see the full names of the columns, and
view the data.
- Avg Pa shows the average page load time in milliseconds.
- Max Pa shows the maximum page load time in milliseconds.
- To view page load times for a specific virtual server, from the dimensions on the right, expand Virtual Servers and select only that virtual server.
You can clear all filter selections or those for a
- To clear a single selection, click the selected object.
- To clear all selections, click the gear icon at the top of the column and select Clear All.
- To clear selections for a dimension, click
the options icon (three horizontal lines to the left of the title), and
Selection.Tip: You can click the numbered icon at the top right-hand corner of the dimension to clear all selections for a dimension.
- If further investigation is needed, select other dimensions to show page load times for other entities, for example, specific pool members, URLs, countries, or client IP addresses.