Applies To:Show Versions
F5 Networks supports the functionality of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager on the most-used
Supported Access and Endpoint Security Features
|ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere||+||n/a||+|
|Cache and Session Control||+1||n/a||n/a|
|AV and FW Check2||+||+||+|
|Machine Certificate Check||+||n/a||+|
|Windows Info Check||+||n/a||n/a|
|Machine Info Inspector||+||+3||+3|
|DNS Relay Proxy Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|Traffic Control Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|BIG-IP® Edge Client™||+||+||+|
|Inbox F5 VPN Client||+||n/a||n/a|
|Reconnect to Domain||+||n/a||n/a|
|Citrix Terminal Services||+||+||+|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services||+||n/a||n/a|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services (Java)||+||+6||+6|
1Cache and Session Control does not remove forms data, passwords and cookies under Firefox and Google Chrome.
2Visit www.askf5.com for a list of supported antivirus and firewall vendors
3Machine Info Inspector can only collect MAC addresses on Mac and Linux platforms
4For Linux, the Network Access feature does not work with a proxy server
5IPv6 not supported
6Java RDP and Java AppTunnels are not supported on Google Chrome
7Automatic application launch for Java AppTunnels is not supported on Mac with Safari browser.
OS / Browser and Browser Compatibility
F5 Networks® supports the listed operating systems and browser releases, with the latest service pack or service pack equivalent, for up to 3 years from
If an operating system or browser vendor ends mainstream support before the end of that 3 year period for a release or service pack, F5 Networks® will also end support at the same time. Once an operating system or browser has surpassed the
Important: This policy only applies to the BIG-IP end-user interfaces, and not the administrative web console for
Microsoft® Windows OS
There is no supported version of Windows on this version.
Linux Operating Systems
F5 Networks supports 64-bit x86_64 Linux operating systems (OS) with enabled Kernel support for PPP interfaces and
OS X and
F5 Networks supports
- Only manual plugins installation is supported for Safari 9.x and Safari 10.x.
- Hotfix-BIGIP-22.214.171.124.0.159-HF6 is required for OS X 10.10 and Safari 9 support
- On Chrome versions 34 and above, there is limited feature support due to browser restrictions as mentioned in SOL15326. Only the following clientless features are supported: Portal Access, Citrix and VMware
Webtop basedlaunch support. The following clientless features are not supported: End Point Security checks, Protected Workspace, Network Access, MS RDP, Static AppTunnels, Dynamic Optimized AppTunnels, Java RDP, and Java AppTunnels.
F5 Networks supports Android™ versions 4 to 5.
For Network Access functionality, please install F5 BIG-IP Edge Client from Google Play. Customers running Android 4.0 or later should install Android EDGE Client for Android 4.x. The BIG-IP Edge Portal app, which previously provided secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, is no longer provided for download.
F5 Networks supports Apple® iOS® versions 8 and 9. For Network Access functionality please install F5 BIG-IP Edge Client from iTunes. The BIG-IP Edge Portal app, which previously provided secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, is no longer provided for download.
Windows RT and Phone
Windows RT, Windows Phone 8 are supported with clientless features. In addition, Windows RT also supports Citrix. Please note the following exceptions:
tunnels,and MSRDP are not supported
Java Compatibility Matrix
F5 Networks supports Java SE 6 and Java SE 7.
Portal Access Compatibility
The Portal Access feature supports the following applications:
- Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access (OWA) 2007 and Microsoft® Outlook® Web App (OWA) 2010, 2013 with Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010, 2013 Integration
- Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007, 2010 and Services 3.0, 2013
- MS Office Applications integration with SharePoint and Internet Explorer is not supported
- Microsoft® Communicator® 2007 R2
- IBM Lotus® Domino® Web Access 8.0 and iNotes® 8.5 with Sametime®
- Oracle® Portal 3.0 (10g Release 2, Version 10.1.2)
- Oracle® PeopleSoft Portal (Version 9)
- SAP® ERP Central Component (ECC) 2005 and SAP NetWeaver® 7.0 (2004s) SP12
- F5 Enterprise Manager™ 3.1.1
Outlook Anywhere Compatibility
Outlook Anywhere supports the following versions of client applications:
- MS Office 2007 for Windows
- MS Office 2010 for Windows
- MS Office 2011 for Mac
- MS Office 2013 for Windows
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Proxy supports the following server products:
- XenApp 5, 6, 6.5, 7.5*, 7.6*
- XenDesktop 4, 5.6, 7, 7.1, 7.5*, 7.6*
- Web Interface 4.5, 5.2 and 5.4
- Storefront 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5*, 2.6*
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 0.9 (Storefront 1.2)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.0 (Storefront 2.0)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.1 (Storefront 2.1)*
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 (Storefront 2.5 and 2.6)*
*Please install Hotfix-BIGIP-126.96.36.199.0.147-HF5.iso
Following clients were tested:
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
- Receiver for Windows RT v1.3 and 1.4
- Citrix Receiver for Java 10, 10.1
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0, 12.1
- Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7, 11.8, 11.9, 12.0
- Citrix Receiver for iOS 5.8, 5.9
- Citrix Receiver for Android 3.4, 3.5
- Citrix Online plug-in 12.3
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith C00X with 1.7_122 firmware version
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith Pro 2 D00X with 2.0_104 firmware version
VMware View Compatibility Matrix
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure PCoIP Proxy supports the following server products:
- VMware Horizon View 5.2
- VMware Horizon View 5.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.0*
- VMware Horizon View 6.1* **
*APM currently does not support publishing and providing remote connectivity to the RDS hosted applications feature in Horizon View 6 and later.
**APM currently does not support Horizon View HTML5 client in Horizon View 6.1.
The following clients were tested:
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows Store 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Mac 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for iOS 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Android 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Linux 2.2, 3.2, 3.4
- Dell Wyse P25 Zero Client starting from firmware v4.1.0
- VMware Horizon View HTML5 Client*
*APM currently does not support Horizon View HTML5 client in Horizon View 6.1.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email
any timea product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com.