Applies To:Show Versions
Updated Date: 11/20/2018
F5 Networks supports the functionality of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager on the most-used platforms and ensures compatibility with the commonly used operating systems (OS) and browsers. Both IPv4 and IPv4+IPv6 deployments are supported, except as noted below.
Supported Access and Endpoint Security Features
|ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere||+||n/a||+|
|Cache and Session Control||+1||n/a||n/a|
|AV and FW Check2||+||+||+|
|Machine Certificate Check||+||n/a||+|
|Windows Info Check||+||n/a||n/a|
|Machine Info Inspector||+||+3||+3|
|DNS Relay Proxy Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|Traffic Control Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|BIG-IP® Edge Client™||+||+||+|
|Inbox F5 VPN Client||+||n/a||n/a|
|Reconnect to Domain||+||n/a||n/a|
|Citrix Terminal Services||+||+||+|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services||+||n/a||n/a|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services (Java)||+6||+6||+6|
1Cache and Session Control does not remove forms data, passwords and cookies under Firefox.
2Visit www.askf5.com for a list of supported antivirus and firewall vendors.
3Machine Info Inspector can only collect MAC addresses on Mac and Linux platforms.
4For Linux, the Network Access feature does not work with a proxy server.
5IPv6 not supported.
6Java RDP and Java AppTunnels are not supported on Google Chrome.
7Automatic application launch for Java AppTunnels is not supported on Mac with Safari browser.
OS / Browser and Browser Compatibility
F5 Networks® supports the listed operating systems and browser releases, with the latest service pack or service pack equivalent, for up to 3 years from the time of initial release, as long as the listed operating systems and browsers are still supported by the vendor.
If an operating system or browser vendor ends mainstream support before the end of that 3 year period for a release or service pack, F5 Networks® will also end support at the same time. Once an operating system or browser has surpassed the 3-year date from release, F5 Networks® will continue to monitor the user base of this operating system or browser release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
Microsoft's introduction of Servicing Branches in Windows 10 has changed the F5 Networks® support policy for Windows 10 as follows:
F5 Networks® will support Microsoft Windows 10 Current Branch (CB) releases, Current Branch For Business (CBB)
Once a release has passed two years from the release date, F5 Networks® will monitor the user base of this release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet for more details. For specific information about which builds Microsoft supports as part of its servicing branches, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/waas-overview#servicing-branches.
Important: This policy only applies to the BIG-IP end-user interfaces, and not the administrative web console for BIG-IP or any other F5 product.
Microsoft® Windows OS
F5 Networks supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 running IE11, Firefox or Chrome*.
Only 32-bit browsers are supported.
Linux Operating Systems
F5 Networks supports all 32-bit x86 and 64-bit x86_64 Linux operating systems (OS) with enabled Kernel support for PPP interfaces and
OS X and macOS
F5 Networks supports macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12), OS X® 10.11, Apple® OS X® 10.10, and Apple® OS X® 10.9 devices running Firefox, Safari 8.x, Safari 9.x, Safari 10.x, Safari 11.x, or Chrome*. Additional support details for this platform include the following:
- To use endpoint checks with macOS Sierra (10.12), EPSEC build 450.0 must be installed on the Access Policy Manager.
- Only manual plugins installation is supported for Safari.
- On Chrome, there is limited feature support due to browser restrictions as mentioned in SOL15326. Only the following clientless features are supported: Portal Access, Citrix and VMware Webtop-based launch support. The following clientless features are not supported: End Point Security checks, Protected Workspace, Network Access, MS RDP, Static AppTunnels, Dynamic Optimized AppTunnels, Java RDP, and Java AppTunnels.
F5 Networks supports Android™ versions 4 through 8.
The Google Chrome browser has been tested for compatibility with Portal Access and Webtop features.
Android 4 and later is supported on BIG-IP Edge Client version 2.0.8 and higher, and F5 Access 3.0.0 and higher. Also, for secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, F5 provides BIG-IP Edge Portal, which can also be downloaded from Google Play.
F5 Networks supports Apple® iOS® versions 9, 10, and 11. For Network Access functionality please install BIG-IP Edge Client from iTunes. Also, for secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, F5 provides BIG-IP Edge Portal, which can also be downloaded from iTunes.
The Safari browser has been tested for compatibility with Portal Access and Webtop features.
Windows RT and Phone
Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise are supported with clientless features. In addition, Windows RT also supports Citrix. Please note the following exceptions:
- Application tunnels and MSRDP are not supported
The Internet Explorer browser has been tested for compatibility with Portal Access and Webtop features.
Clientless features (Portal Access, Citrix and VMware Webtop-based launch) are supported on Chrome OS.
Java Compatibility Matrix
F5 Networks supports Java SE 6, Java SE 7, and Java SE 8. Java-related features cannot be utilized using Google Chrome on OS X and Linux because Google Chrome does not support Java plugins on OS X and Linux.
Portal Access Compatibility
The Portal Access feature supports the following applications:
- Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access (OWA) 2007 and Microsoft® Outlook® Web App (OWA) 2010, 2013 with Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010, 2013 Integration
- Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007, 2010 and Services 3.0, 2013
- MS Office Applications integration with SharePoint and Internet Explorer is not supported
- Microsoft® Communicator® 2007 R2
- IBM Lotus® Domino® Web Access 8.0 and iNotes® 8.5 with Sametime®
- Oracle® PeopleSoft Portal (Version 9)
- SAP® ERP Central Component (ECC) 2005 and SAP NetWeaver® 7.0 (2004s) SP12
- F5 Enterprise Manager™ 3.1.1
Outlook Anywhere Compatibility
Outlook Anywhere supports the following versions of client applications:
- MS Office 2007 for Windows
- MS Office 2010 for Windows
- MS Office 2011 for Mac
- MS Office 2013 for Windows
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Proxy supports the following server products:
- XenApp 5, 6, 6.5, 7.5, 7.6
- XenDesktop 4, 5.6, 7, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6
- Web Interface 4.5, 5.2 and 5.4
- Storefront 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5, 2.6
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 0.9 (Storefront 1.2)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.0 (Storefront 2.0)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.1 (Storefront 2.1)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 (Storefront 2.5 and 2.6)
Following clients were tested:
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
- Receiver for Windows RT v1.3 and 1.4
- Citrix Receiver for Java 10, 10.1
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0, 12.1
- Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7, 11.8, 11.9, 12.0
- Citrix Receiver for iOS 5.8, 5.9
- Citrix Receiver for Android 3.4, 3.5. 3.6, 3.7, 3,8, 3.9*
- Citrix Online plug-in 12.3
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith C00X with 1.7_122 firmware version
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith Pro 2 D00X with 2.0_104 firmware version
*Please use the solution https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/k/01/sol01446161.html to enable support for Citrix Receiver for Android 3.9/
VMware View Compatibility Matrix
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure PCoIP Proxy supports the following server products:
- VMware Horizon View 5.2
- VMware Horizon View 5.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.0*
- VMware Horizon View 6.1* **
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.2* **
- VMware Horizon View 7* ** ***
- VMware Horizon View 7.0.2* ** ***
- VMware Horizon View 7.0.3* ** ***
*APM currently does not support publishing and providing remote connectivity to the RDS hosted applications feature in Horizon View 6 and later.
**APM currently does not support Horizon View HTML5 client in Horizon View 6.1 and later.
***Please use the solution: https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/k/84/sol84958121.html to enable APM support for VMware Horizon View 7.0/
The following clients were tested:
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows Store 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Mac 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for iOS 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Android 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Linux 2.2, 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- Dell Wyse P25 Zero Client starting from firmware v4.1.0
- VMware Horizon View HTML5 Client*
*APM currently does not support Horizon View HTML5 client in Horizon View 6.1 and later.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
- The F5 Networks Technical Support website: http://www.f5.com/support/
- The AskF5 web site: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us.html
- The F5 DevCentral web site: http://devcentral.f5.com/
- AskF5 TechNews
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email anytime a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com.