Applies To:Show Versions
Important: We only test the latest maintenance releases of BIG-IP and update their corresponding compatibility matrices. To find the latest maintenance release of BIG-IP, refer to the https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K5903 article. You should then refer to the latest compatibility matrix of that version for an updated list of supported software.
F5 Networks supports the functionality of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager on the most-used platforms and ensures support with the commonly used operating systems (OS) and browsers. Both IPv4 and IPv4+IPv6 deployments are supported, except as noted below.
Supported Access and Endpoint Security Features
|ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere||+||n/a||+|
|Cache and Session Control||+1||n/a||n/a|
|AV and FW Check2||+||+||+|
|Machine Certificate Check||+||n/a||+|
|Windows Info Check||+||n/a||n/a|
|Machine Info Inspector||+||+3||+3|
|DNS Relay Proxy Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|Traffic Control Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|BIG-IP® Edge Client™||+||+||+|
|Inbox F5 VPN Client||+||n/a||n/a|
|Reconnect to Domain||+||n/a||n/a|
|Citrix Terminal Services||+||+||+|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services||+||n/a||n/a|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services (Java)||+6||+6||+6|
1 Cache and Session Control does not remove forms data, passwords, and cookies under Firefox and Google Chrome.
2 Visit www.askf5.com for a list of supported antivirus and firewall vendors
3Machine Info Inspector can only collect MAC addresses on Mac and Linux platforms
4 For Linux, the Network Access feature does not work with a proxy server
5 IPv6 is not supported
6 Java RDP and Java AppTunnels are not supported on Google Chrome
7 Automatic application launch for Java AppTunnels is not supported on Mac with the Safari browser.
OS / Browser and Browser Compatibility
F5 Networks® supports the listed operating systems and browser releases, with the latest service pack or service pack for the current release or the previous major release, as long as the listed operating systems and browsers are still supported by the vendor.
Examples of a major release include Windows 10, macOS Sierra, and Google Chrome version 48. Corresponding previous major releases are Windows 8.1, Mac OS X 10.11, and Google Chrome version 47. If an operating system or browser vendor ends mainstream support for the release of the product, F5 Networks® will also end support. If the operating system and browser version is no longer the current release or the previous major release, F5 Networks® will continue to monitor the user base of this operating system or browser release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoSD (End of Software Development).
Microsoft's introduction of Servicing Branches in Windows 10 has changed the F5 Networks® support policy for Windows 10 as follows:
F5 Networks® will support Microsoft Windows 10 Current Branch (CB) releases, Current Branch for Business (CBB) releases and Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) releases, up to two years from the initial release date, as long as such a release is within the "mainstream support" period.
Once a release has passed two years from the release date, F5 Networks® will monitor the user base of this release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet for more details. For specific information about which builds Microsoft supports as part of its servicing branches, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/waas-overview#servicing-branches.
Important: This policy only applies to the BIG-IP end-user interfaces, and not the administrative web console for BIG-IP or any other F5 product.
Microsoft® Windows OS
F5 Networks supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 running IE11, Firefox or Chrome*.
- Only 32-bit browsers are supported.
- Microsoft Edge browser is not supported.
Linux Operating Systems
F5 Networks supports all 64-bit x86_64 Linux operating systems (OS) with enabled Kernel support for PPP interfaces and libc version 2 or later, running Firefox or Chrome*. 32-bit Linux operating systems are not supported.
OS X and macOS
F5 Networks supports macOS Mojave (10.14) devices, running Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.
Safari 13 and macOS Catalina (10.15) are supported with APM Client 126.96.36.199 on BIG-IP 13.1.x or later.
Browser plugin support has largely been discontinued by browser manufacturers and is not supported on BIG-IP 13.1.x or later. For more information refer https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K15326.
To use endpoint checks with macOS High Sierra (10.13), EPSEC build 580.0+ must be installed on the Access Policy Manager.
On Chrome versions 34 and above there is limited feature support due to browser restrictions as mentioned in SOL15326. Only the following clientless features are supported: Portal Access, Citrix, and VMware Webtop based launch support. The following clientless features are not supported: End Point Security checks, Protected Workspace, Network Access, MS RDP, Static AppTunnels, Dynamic Optimized AppTunnels, Java RDP, and Java AppTunnels.
F5 Networks supports Android™ versions 10 and 11.
F5 provides F5 App software fixes for the current major version of Android and one major version back. For older Android versions, F5 will provide configuration assistance on a case-by-case basis.
For software released on any vendor’s App Store, F5 provides software fixes only for the currently released version of the corresponding F5 App.
Note: For Network Access support, install F5 Access (previously known as BIG-IP Edge Client) from Google Play. Only the latest version of F5 Access is available on Google Play Store. The BIG-IP Edge Portal app, which previously provided secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, is no longer provided for download.
iOS and iPadOS
F5 Networks supports iOS 13.x, iPadOS 13.x, iOS 14.x, and iPadOS 14.x.
F5 provides F5 App software fixes for the current major version of iOS and one major version back. For older iOS versions, F5 will provide configuration assistance on a case-by-case basis.
For Network Access support, please install F5 Access through the App Store. The Safari browser has been tested for compatibility with Portal Access and Webtop features.
Windows RT and Phone
Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 are supported with clientless features (Portal Access, Java RDP, Java AppTunnels, Citrix, and VMware Webtop-based launch). Internet Explorer supports Portal Access and Webtop features. Please note the following exceptions:
- Applications tunnels and MSRDP Terminal Services are not supported on these platforms. Windows RT supports Network Access through Inbox F5 VPN Client. Windows 8.1 supports Network Access using BIG-IP Edge Client Windows 8.1, available from the Windows Phone Store.
Clientless features (Portal Access, Citrix, and VMware Webtop based launch) are supported on Chrome OS.
For Network Access functionality please install F5 Access for Chrome OS from Chrome Web Store.
Java Compatibility Matrix
F5 Networks supports Java SE 7 and Java SE 8. Java-related features cannot be utilized using Google Chrome on OS X and Linux because Google Chrome does not support Java plugin on OS X and Linux.
Portal Access Compatibility
The Portal Access feature supports the following applications:
- Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access (OWA) 2007 and Microsoft® Outlook® Web App (OWA) 2010, 2013 with Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010, 2013 Integration
- Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007, 2010 and Services 3.0, 2013
- MS Office Applications integration with SharePoint and Internet Explorer is not supported
- Microsoft® Communicator® 2007 R2
- IBM Lotus® Domino® Web Access 8.0 and iNotes® 9.0 with Sametime®
- Oracle® Portal 3.0 (10g Release 2, Version 10.1.2)
- Oracle® PeopleSoft Portal (Version 9)
- SAP® ERP Central Component (ECC) 2005 and SAP NetWeaver® 7.0 (2004s) SP12
- F5 Enterprise Manager™ 3.1.1
Outlook Anywhere Compatibility
Outlook Anywhere supports the following versions of client applications:
- MS Office 2007 for Windows
- MS Office 2010 for Windows
- MS Office 2011 for Mac
- MS Office 2013 for Windows
The following server products were qualified for compatibility with F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Proxy:
- Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1808.2, 1811, 1906*, 1912*, 2003*, 2006*, 2009*
- XenApp 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.18
- XenDesktop 7, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.18
- Storefront 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13, 3.14, 3.15, 3.16, 1811, 1906, 1912
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 (Storefront 2.5 and 2.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.7 (Storefront 3.0)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.0 (Storefront 3.5 and 3.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.1 (Storefront 3.5 and 3.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.4 (Storefront 3.9)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.5.1 (Storefront 3.9)
* Only features available in XenApp and XenDesktop are supported.
The following clients were tested:
- Citrix Workspace app for Windows 1808, 1809, 1812, 1907*, 1911*, 2006*, 2009*, 20.10*
- Citrix Workspace app for Mac 1808, 1812, 1906*, 1912 *, 2009*, 20.10*
- Citrix Workspace app for iOS 1808, 1811, 1907* ** , 20.1.0* **
- Citrix Workspace app for Android 1809, 1812, 1907*, 20.1.5*
- Citrix Workspace App for Linux: 1810, 1906*, 1912*, 2004*, 2009*, 20.10*
- Citrix Workspace App for HTML5: 1811, 1906*, 2005*, 2009*, 20.10*
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.9, 4.10
- Citrix Receiver for Windows Phone 8 1.2.2
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 8/RT 1.3, 1.4
- Citrix Receiver for Java 10, 10.1
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0, 12.1, 13.3, 13.4, 13.6, 13.8
- Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7, 11.8, 11.9, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.6, 12.8
- Citrix Receiver for iOS 5.8, 5.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2.2, 7.3, 7.4
- Citrix Receiver for Android 3.4, 3.5. 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.11.2, 3.12.1
- Citrix Online plug-in 12.3
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith C00X with 1.7_122 firmware version
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith Pro 2 D00DX with 2.0_104 firmware version
* Only features available in Citrix Receiver are supported.
** Citrix Workspace App 1903 and higher does not work with legacy PNAgent based access. Use newer Storefront based access instead.
*Please use the solution https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/k/01/sol01446161.html to enable support for Citrix Receiver for Android 3.9
VMware View Compatibility Matrix
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure PCoIP Proxy supports the following server products:
- VMware Horizon View 5.2
- VMware Horizon View 5.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.0
- VMware Horizon View 6.1
- VMware Horizon View 6.1.1
- VMware Horizon View 6.2
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.2
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.4
- VMware Horizon View 7.0*
- VMware Horizon View 7.02*
- VMware Horizon View 7.03*
- VMware Horizon View 7.1*
- VMware Horizon View 7.2*
- VMware Horizon View 7.3.1* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.4* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.5* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.6* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.7* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.8* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.9* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.10* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.11* **
- VMware Horizon View 7.12* **
- VMware Horizon View 8.0* **
* APM supports BLAST and BLAST Extreme protocol over TCP and UDP and also supports the Blast Extreme Adaptive Transport (BEAT) for Windows and Linux desktops and applications. APM supports VMware True SSO with Horizon.
** APM supports access to VMware Horizon desktops and applications using VMware Workspace ONE as an IdP.
The following VMware Identity Manager releases were tested:
- VMware Identity Manager 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 188.8.131.52
The following clients were tested:
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows 3.3, 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6.1, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4.3, 8.0 (version 2006)
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows Store 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Mac 3.2, 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4,3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 8.0 (version 2006)
- VMware Horizon View Client for Android 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4,3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
- VMware Horizon View Client for iOS 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4,3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
- VMware Horizon View Client for Linux 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0, 5.1, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4.1, 8.0 (version 2006)
- Dell Wyse P25 Zero Client starting from firmware v 4.1.0
- VMware Horizon View HTML5 Client*
* Support for the HTML5 Client for VMware Horizon View 7.4 and higher requires BIG-IP 184.108.40.206-0.0.3 or newer.
Remote Desktop Gateway Compatibility Matrix
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Remote Desktop Gateway supports the following server products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1*
*Please install Microsoft Windows KB2592687
The following clients were tested:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac 8.0.7
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android 8.0.6, 8.0.11, 8.1.3
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS v 8.0.7, 8.1.4
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows 6.3
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows 6.2
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email any time a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com.