Applies To:Show Versions
Updated Date: 01/30/2019
F5 Networks tests the functionality of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager on the most-used platforms and ensures support with the commonly used operating systems (OS) and browsers. Both IPv4 and IPv4+IPv6 deployments are supported, except as noted below.
Supported Access and Endpoint Security Features
|ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere||+||n/a||+|
|Cache and Session Control||+1||n/a||n/a|
|AV and FW Check2||+||+||+|
|Machine Certificate Check||+||n/a||+|
|Windows Info Check||+||n/a||n/a|
|Machine Info Inspector||+||+3||+3|
|DNS Relay Proxy Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|Traffic Control Service||+||n/a||n/a|
|BIG-IP® Edge Client™||+||+||+|
|Inbox F5 VPN Client||+||n/a||n/a|
|Reconnect to Domain||+||n/a||n/a|
|Citrix Terminal Services||+||+||+|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services||+||n/a||n/a|
|Microsoft RDP Terminal Services (Java)||+6||+6||+6|
1 Cache and Session Control does not remove forms data, passwords and cookies under Firefox and Google Chrome.
2 Visit www.askf5.com for a list of supported antivirus and firewall vendors
3Machine Info Inspector can only collect MAC addresses on Mac and Linux platforms
4 For Linux, the Network Access feature does not work with a proxy server
5IPv6 is not supported
6 Java RDP and Java AppTunnels are not supported on Google Chrome
7 Automatic application launch for Java AppTunnels is not supported on Mac with Safari browser.
OS / Browser and Browser Compatibility
F5 Networks® supports the listed operating systems and browser releases, with the latest service pack or service pack equivalent, for up to 3 years from the time of initial release, as long as the listed operating systems and browsers are still supported by the vendor.
If an operating system or browser vendor ends mainstream support before the end of that 3 year period for a release or service pack, F5 Networks® will also end support at the same time. Once an operating system or browser has surpassed the 3-year date from release, F5 Networks® will continue to monitor the user base of this operating system or browser release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
Microsoft's introduction of Servicing Branches in Windows 10 has changed the F5 Networks® support policy for Windows 10 as follows:
F5 Networks® will support Microsoft Windows 10 Current Branch (CB) releases, Current Branch For Business (CBB) releases and Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) releases, up to two years from the initial release date, as long as such a release is within the "mainstream support" period.
Once a release has passed two years from the release date, F5 Networks® will monitor the user base of this release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet for more details. For specific information about which builds Microsoft supports as part of its servicing branches, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/waas-overview#servicing-branches.
Important: This policy only applies to the BIG-IP end-user interfaces, and not the administrative web console for BIG-IP or any other F5 product.
Microsoft® Windows OS
F5 Networks supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows® 10 running IE11, Firefox, or Chrome*.
- Only 32-bit browsers are supported.
- Microsoft Edge browser is not supported.
Linux Operating Systems
F5 Networks supports all 64-bit x86_64 Linux operating systems (OS) with enabled Kernel support for PPP interfaces and libc version 2 or later, running Firefox or Chrome*. 32-bit Linux operating systems are not supported.
OS X and macOS
F5 Networks supports macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12), OS X® 10.11, Apple® OS X® 10.10 and Apple® OS X® 10.9 devices running Firefox, Safari 8.x, Safari 9.x, Safari 10.x, Safari 11.x, or Chrome*.
- To use endpoint checks with macOS Sierra (10.12), EPSEC build 450.0 must be installed on the Access Policy Manager.
- Only manual plugins installation is supported.
- On Chrome versions 34 and above there is limited feature support due to browser restrictions as mentioned in SOL15326. Only the following clientless features are supported: Portal Access, Citrix, and VMware Webtop based launch support. The following clientless features are not supported: End Point Security checks, Protected Workspace, Network Access, MS RDP, Static AppTunnels, Dynamic Optimized AppTunnels, Java RDP, and Java AppTunnels.
F5 Networks supports Android™ versions 4 through 8.
Android 4 and later is supported on BIG-IP Edge Client version 2.0.8 and higher, and F5 Access 3.0.0 and higher. The BIG-IP Edge Portal app, which previously provided secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, is no longer provided for download.
F5 Networks supports Apple® iOS® versions 10, 11, and 12.
Note: F5 Access Legacy 2.1.x is not supported on iOS 12. Only F5 Access 3.0.0 and later is supported on iOS 12.
For Network Access functionality please install either F5 Access Legacy or F5 Access from iTunes. The BIG-IP Edge Portal app, which previously provided secure mobile access to enterprise web applications, is no longer provided for download.
Windows RT and Phone
Windows RT, Windows Phone 7 and 8 are supported with clientless features. In addition, Windows RT also supports Citrix. Please note the following exceptions:
- Application tunnels and MSRDP are not supported
Java Compatibility Matrix
F5 Networks supports Java SE 7 and Java SE 8. Java-related features cannot be utilized using Google Chrome on OS X and Linux because Google Chrome does not support Java plugin on OS X and Linux.
Portal Access Compatibility
The Portal Access feature supports the following applications:
- Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access (OWA) 2003, 2007 and Microsoft® Outlook® Web App (OWA) 2010, 2013 with Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010, 2013 Integration
- Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007, 2010 and Services 3.0, 2013
(Note: MS Office Applications integration with SharePoint and Internet Explorer is not supported).
- Microsoft® Communicator® 2007 R2
- IBM Lotus® Domino® Web Access 8.0 and iNotes® 9.0 with Sametime®
- Oracle® Portal 3.0 (10g Release 2, Version 10.1.2)
- Oracle® PeopleSoft Portal (Version 9)
- SAP® ERP Central Component (ECC) 2005 and SAP NetWeaver® 7.0 (2004s) SP12
- F5 Enterprise Manager™ 3.1.1
Outlook Anywhere Compatibility
Outlook Anywhere supports the following versions of client applications:
- MS Office 2007 for Windows
- MS Office 2010 for Windows
- MS Office 2011 for Mac
- MS Office 2013 for Windows
Citrix Compatibility Matrix
The following server products were qualified for compatibility with F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Proxy:
- Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1808.2, 1811 *
- XenApp 5, 6, 6.5, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.18
- XenDesktop 4, 5.6, 7, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.18
- Web Interface 4.5, 5.2 and 5.4
- Storefront 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13, 1811
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 0.9 (Storefront 1.2)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.0 (Storefront 2.0)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.1 (Storefront 2.1)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 (Storefront 2.5 and 2.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.7 (Storefront 3.0)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.0 (Storefront 3.5 and 3.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.1 (Storefront 3.5 and 3.6)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.4 (Storefront 3.9)
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 2.5.1 (Storefront 3.9)
The following clients were tested:
- Citrix Workspace app for Windows 1808, 1809, 1812*
- Citrix Workspace app for Mac 1808, 1812*
- Citrix Workspace app for iOS 1808, 1811*
- Citrix Workspace app for Android 1809, 1812*
- Citrix Workspace App for HTML5 1811 *
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.9, 4.10
- Citrix Receiver for Windows Phone 8 1.2.2
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 8/RT 1.3, 1.4
- Citrix Receiver for Java 10, 10.1
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0, 12.1, 13.3, 13.4, 13.6, 13.8
- Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7, 11.8, 11.9, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.6, 12.8
- Citrix Receiver for iOS 5.8, 5.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2.2, 7.3, 7.4
- Citrix Receiver for Android 3.4, 3.5. 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.11.2, 3.12.1
- Citrix Online plug-in 12.3
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith C00X with 1.7_122 firmware version
- Dell Wyse Xenith Zero client: Xenith Pro 2 D00DX with 2.0_104 firmware version
VMware View Compatibility Matrix
The following server products were qualified for compatibility with F5 BIG-IP APM Secure PCoIP Proxy:
- VMware Horizon View 5.2
- VMware Horizon View 5.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.0
- VMware Horizon View 6.1
- VMware Horizon View 6.1.1
- VMware Horizon View 6.2
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.2
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.3
- VMware Horizon View 6.2.4
- VMware Horizon View 7.0 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.02 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.03 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.1 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.2 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.3.1 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.4 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.5 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.6 *
- VMWare Horizon View 7.7 *
- VMware Horizon View 7.8 *
* APM supports BLAST and BLAST Extreme protocol over TCP for Windows and Linux desktops and applications. APM supports VMware True SSO.
The following clients were tested:
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows 3.3, 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6.1, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0
- VMware Horizon View Client for Windows Store 3.2, 3.4
- VMware Horizon View Client for Mac 3.2, 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0
- VMware Horizon View Client for Android 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0
- VMware Horizon View Client for iOS 3.2, 3.4, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0
- VMware Horizon View Client for Linux 3.4, 3.5.2, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.0
- Dell Wyse P25 Zero Client starting from firmware v 4.1.0
- VMware Horizon View HTML5 Client* **
* Currently, BIG-IP APM does not support launching of HTML5-enabled RDS applications.
** VMware Horizon View HTML5 Client is not supported for Horizon 7.4 and higher.
Remote Desktop Gateway Compatibility Matrix
F5 BIG-IP APM Secure Remote Desktop Gateway supports the following server products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The following clients were tested:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v 8.0.7
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android v 8.0.6, 8.0.11
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS v 8.0.7
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows v 6.3
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows v 6.2
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email anytime a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com.