Applies To:Show Versions
F5 Networks supports the functionality of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager on the most-used platforms and ensures support with the commonly used operating systems (OS) and browsers.
Supported BIG-IP versions
F5 Networks supports the BIG-IP Edge Client with the following BIG-IP version.
|BIG-IP Edge Client version||Supported BIG-IP Version|
||13.1.0, 13.1.1, 13.1.3, 14.0.0, 14.0.1, 14.1.0, 14.1.2, 15.0.0, 15.0.1, 15.1.0
|7.1.7||13.1.0, 13.1.1, 13.1.3, 14.0.0, 14.0.1, 14.1.0, 14.1.2
OS / Browser and Browser Compatibility
F5 Networks® supports the listed operating systems and browser releases, with the latest service pack or service pack equivalent, for up to 3 years from the time of initial release, as long as the listed operating systems and browsers are still supported by the vendor.
If an operating system or browser vendor ends mainstream support before the end of that 3 year period for a release or service pack, F5 Networks® will also end support at the same time. Once an operating system or browser has surpassed the 3-year date from release, F5 Networks® will continue to monitor the user base of this operating system or browser release. When a release reaches a usage level that can no longer justify development, test, and support resources, we will issue an EoL (End of Life) Solution at least three months prior to the planned EoDS (End of Development Support).
Microsoft’s policy of Servicing Channels with Windows 10 has changed the F5 Networks® support policy for Windows 10 as follows:
- F5 Networks will support Microsoft Windows 10 Semi-Annual Channel for 18 months from the date of release. The Semi-Annual Channel replaces the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) concepts.
- F5 Networks will support Windows 10 Long-Term Servicing Channel releases for up to two years from the initial release date, as long as such a release is within the "mainstream support" period. The Long-Term Servicing Channel replaces the Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) concept.
Important: This policy only applies to the BIG-IP end-user interfaces, and not the administrative web console for BIG-IP or any other F5 product.
Microsoft® Windows OS
F5 Networks supports the BIG-IP Edge Client with the following Windows versions and browsers.
|BIG-IP Edge Client version||Supported Windows versions||Supported Browsers|
|7.1.7||Windows 10||Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome|
||Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome|
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge browsers use F5 Helper Applications to provide Network Access and Endpoint Check functionality. Static application tunnels, optimized tunnels, and continuous endpoint checks are supported.
F5 Networks supports the BIG-IP Edge Client with the following Linux versions and browsers.
|BIG-IP Edge Client version||Supported Linux versions||Supported Browsers|
|7.1.7||64-bit x86_64||Firefox, Chrome|
|18.104.22.168||64-bit x86_64||Firefox, Chrome|
Chrome and Firefox browsers use F5 Helper Applications to provide Network Access and Endpoint Check functionality. Static application tunnels and continuous endpoint checks are supported.
F5 Networks supports the BIG-IP Edge Client with the following macOS versions and browsers.
|BIG-IP Edge Client version||Supported macOS versions||Supported Browsers|
|22.214.171.124||macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12)||Firefox, Safari 12, Safari 11, Chrome|
|7.1.7||macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12)||Firefox, Safari 12, Safari 11, Chrome|
Only manual plugin installation is supported.
Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers use F5 Helper Applications to provide Network Access and Endpoint Check functionality. Static application tunnels and continuous endpoint checks are supported.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
- The F5 Networks Technical Support website: http://www.f5.com/support/
- The AskF5 web site: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us.html
- The F5 DevCentral web site: http://devcentral.f5.com/
- AskF5 TechNews
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email any time a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.