Applies To:Show Versions
- 11.5.1, 11.2.1
- 7.0.0, 6.1.0
Version 2.0.2 of the Edge Client for Android devices is now available. The download is available from the app store for your device.
- User documentation for this release
- Features and enhancements in 2.0.2
- Fixes in 2.0.2
- Known issues in 2.0.2
- Contacting F5 Networks
- Legal notices
User documentation for this release
For a comprehensive list of documentation that is relevant to this release, refer to the following pages:
Features and enhancements in 2.0.2
|391750, 391751||The main and about screens previously could only display in portrait (tall) orientation. Now these screens display in both portrait and landscape (wide) orientations.|
Fixes in 2.0.2
|388771||Previously, when the Android Edge Client started from a URL scheme, on a device that had not previously started the VPN, and without the username parameter, the Edge Client would crash. Now this configuration works without crashing.|
|392440||Previously, when the administrator configured the access policy with User Password Caching disabled and Enforce Session Settings enabled, the user could still save the password on the device. Now, with these settings configured, users cannot save passwords on their devices.|
|394751||Previously, when the user received a VPN trust warning dialog, selected the check box to trust the application, then rotated the device, the trust check box was cleared. Now, the check box stays checked when the user selects it.|
|394790||Previously, when the user received a VPN trust warning dialog, selected the check box to trust the application, then rotated the device, the trust check box was cleared. Now, the check box stays checked when the user selects it.|
Known issues in 2.0.2
|373079||When an access policy is configured with the network setting Force all traffic through tunnel, and an Android Edge Client attempts to connect to a page that is denied by an ACL, no ACL denied error page is displayed.|
|394746||When a user is entering credentials in Android Edge Client with the access policy's virtual keyboard, and the user changes the page orientation of the device by rotating, the virtual keyboard disappears.|
|394784||When a user reaches a login error message when entering credentials in Android Edge Client, if the user changes the page orientation of the device by rotating, the error message disappears.|
|397128||When logging on in legacy logon mode, special characters in the password field are not correctly encoded by the Android Edge Client.|
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
- The F5 Networks Technical Support web site: http://www.f5.com/support/
- The AskF5 web site: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us.html
- The F5 DevCentral web site: http://devcentral.f5.com/
- AskF5 TechNews
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, fill out the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email any time a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email). To subscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com from the email address you would like to subscribe with. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.