Applies To:Show Versions
- 11.5.3, 11.5.2, 11.5.1, 11.2.1
Version 2.0.8 of the Edge Client for Android devices is now available. The download is available from the app store for your device.
- User documentation for this release
- Features and enhancements in 2.0.8
- Known Issues in 2.0.8
- Fixes in 2.0.8
- Contacting F5 Networks
User documentation for this release
Features and enhancements in 2.0.8
||BIG-IP APM administrators can now configure a single Android application or URL that launches when Edge Client establishes a VPN connection. This feature is available in BIG-IP 12.0 and later. Administrators can specify either the application package name, such as "com.android.chrome," or the URL with parameters.|
||Edge Client now supports Server Name Indication (SNI).
||Edge Client in web logon mode now auto-populates and submits credentials if the user allows cached credentials.
||The BIG-IP APM administrator can now enforce the logon mode using the secure connectivity profile option, Enforce Logon Mode, in BIG-IP 12.0 and later. Administrators can choose either native mode or web logon mode.
Known Issues in 2.0.8
|451826||When Edge Client uses split tunneling for traffic, after establishing a VPN connection, all DNS queries are sent to the VPN-configured enterprise DNS server.|
||Edge Client might crash on some Samsung devices running Android 4.1. To work around this issue, upgrade the device to the latest Android version.|
||Edge Client on Android 6.0 devices fails to select client certificate from device credentials store in a managed work profile. Edge Client continues to display the following message on the screen, "Confirm your PIN."
To work around this issue, install client certificate to the Edge Client internal certificate storage. The certificate file must be available in the work profile storage.
Fixes in 2.0.8
||Previously, Edge Client failed to establish a VPN connection intermittently in web logon mode. This issue is now resolved.|
|552445||Previously, client certificate authentication fails on Android 6.0 devices if users select the client certificate from Device Credential Storage. Now, client certificate authentication no longer fails with certicates from Device Credential Storage.|
||Previously, due to an Android 6.0 security improvement, Edge Client failed identify the WiFi MAC address on Android 6.0 devices. The session variable "session.client.mac_address" was always set to ""02:00:00:00:00:00"" on Android 6.0 and later. This issue is now resolved.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email any time a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.