Applies To:Show Versions
- 11.5.3, 11.5.2, 11.5.1, 11.2.1
In October 2014, Apple posted the release of the iOS Edge Client version 2.0.4. This release fixes the issue with Edge Client unable to work on iOS 6 devices. Users should download this new version from the app store. For operational differences with SSL VPN between iOS 8 and previous iOS releases, refer to documentation from Apple.
- User documentation for this release
- Fixes in 2.0.4
- Behavior changes in 2.0.4
- Features and enhancements in 2.0.4
- Known issues in 2.0.4
- Contacting F5 Networks
- Legal notices
User documentation for this release
Fixes in 2.0.4
|Previously, a user of iOS 6 devices was could not establish VPN connections with iOS Edge Client 2.0.3. With iOS Edge Client 2.0.4, a user can now establish VPN connections.
|Previously, Edge Client failed to start a VPN connection using a URL scheme if there were no configurations already added to Edge Client. A user would see the following error message: Unable to start VPN connection. Reason: There is an active VPN connection in progress. This issue is now fixed.
Behavior changes in 2.0.4
|Previously on iOS 7, a domain in a NeverConnect list only prevents a particular host from triggering a VPN connection. Once a VPN connection is triggered, access to that NeverConnect list was still be able to resolve and traffic can go through the tunnel. On iOS 8, a domain in a NeverConnect list prevents that host from being resolved, impeding traffic going to those domains even if a user manually establishes a VPN connection.
Features and enhancements in 2.0.4
There are no new features or enhancements in this release.
Known issues in 2.0.4
There are no known issues in this release.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of solutions to help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to search the knowledge base periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
- Weekly HTML TechNews
- The weekly TechNews HTML email includes timely information about known issues, product releases, hotfix releases, updated and new solutions, and new feature notices. To subscribe, click TechNews Subscription, complete the required fields, and click the Subscribe button. You will receive a confirmation. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the TechNews email.
- Periodic plain text TechNews
- F5 Networks sends a timely TechNews email any time a product or hotfix is released. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.) To subscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you are using to subscribe. Unsubscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com.