Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
Obtaining the SFC Manager Package
Download the SFC Manager package
Before you can configure service function chaining on a BIG-IP system, you must download the latest SFC Manager RPM package from the F5 Networks downloads site.
- From a client system, log in to the F5 Downloads site, downloads.f5.com, and click Find a Download.
- Click the product line name iAppLX Templates.
- Verify that version iAppLX is selected.
- In the Name column, click the container name Service Function Chaining Manager .
Read the End User License Agreement, and click the I Accept button to agree to the terms.
The Select a Download screen opens.
- Click the name of a file such as f5-sfc-manager-1.0.0-f7b5810.el6.noarch.rpm.
Import the SFC Manager package
You must import the downloaded SFC Manager RPM package from your client system to the BIG-IP system that you intend to use as the SFC Manager.
On the client system, open a browser window, and in the URL field, type a management IP address of the BIG-IP system.
This displays the login screen for the BIG-IP Configuration utility.
- Log in to the BIG-IP Configuration utility, using your administrative credentials.
On the Main tab, click
.The Package Management LX screen opens.
- Click Import.
- For the File Name setting, click Browse to navigate to the SFC Manager RPM package.
- Select the name of the SFC Manager RPM package.
- Click Open.
- Click Upload.
Open the SFC Manager package
On the Main tab, click
.The Application Service List screen opens, and the new instance of Service Function Chaining Manager is available. A green dot next to it indicates that the SFC Manager is installed and ready to use. Sometimes, the installation takes time and the entry might not appear immediately. Refreshing the page should resolve the issue. If the iAppLX instance is in an error state (that is, a red square is displayed next to the name) or if you do not see the entry itself after more than two minutes, uninstall the package and re-install it. You will also see another iAppLX instance for managing SFC statistics, with the name sfc-manager-statistics. Clicking this name redirects you to the SFC Manager user interface page.
- In the Name column, click F5 Service Function Chaining (Manager).