Applies To:Show Versions
About repackaging the platform
The VIPRION® 2200 chassis and blades are designed to be shipped and packaged separately. If it becomes necessary to transport the platform to another location or return it to F5® Networks, these guidelines will help ensure that you repackage the platform properly.
Repackaging the chassis
- Disconnect the power cords and other cables from the platform.
- Remove all blades from the chassis.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
Place the empty chassis onto the shipping boxand
cover it with the plastic wrap.
Place the foam insert on top of the chassis.
Place the accessory box on the foam insert.
Close and seal the shipping box.
Repackaging a blade
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the blade, and then remove any optical modules.
- Loosen the captive screws on either side of the blade.
Grasp the two latches on the front of the blade and pull toward
Fully extend the latches on both sides of the blade and pull out
toward you to remove the blade from the chassis.
Place the blade into the antistatic bag, and then place the bagged blade into
the black conductive wrapper sheet.
Close the black wrapper sheet by securing the tabs on the left and right sides
of the box.
Place the foam cover on top of the blade box.
Close the blade box.
Install the foam end caps onto the outside edges of the blade box, and then
place the blade box into the outer shipping box.
- Close and seal the outer shipping box.