Applies To:Show Versions
About repackaging the platform
The VIPRION® 4400 Series chassis and blades are designed to be shipped and packaged separately. If it becomes necessary to transport the platform to another location or return it to F5®, these guidelines will help ensure that you repackage the platform properly.
Repackaging the chassis
- Disconnect the power cords and other cables from the platform.
- Remove the front bezel from the chassis and keep it for your replacement unit.
- Optional: You can install the chassis handles if they are not already installed to help ease removal of the chassis from the rack.
- Remove all blades from the chassis.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
- Place the empty chassis onto the shipping pallet.
- Secure the shipping brackets to both sides of the chassis and ensure that the brackets are securely fastened to the pallet.Use a 9/64 inch hex key for the four screws that secure each shipping bracket to the side of the chassis. Use a 3/8 inch drive socket to secure the shipping brackets to the pallet.
- Remove the handles from the chassis (if installed).
- Place the foam insert, including the two accessory boxes, on top of the chassis.
- Place the outer corrugated box over the chassis.
- Place the outer metal brace over the outer corrugated box and secure it to the pallet.Use a 3/8 inch drive socket to secure the outer metal brace.
Repackaging a blade
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the blade, and then remove any optical modules.
- Turn the compression screws, located on either side of the blade, until the locking indicator changes from green (locked) to red (unlocked).
- Grasp the two eject levers on the front of the blade and pull toward you.
- Fully extend the eject levers on both sides of the blade and pull out toward you to remove the blade from the chassis.Important: You should handle blades only by the edges and avoid touching the board components.
- Place the blade into the antistatic bag, and then place the bagged blade into the black conductive wrapper sheet.Note: Use the printed guidelines inside the black wrapper sheet to orient the blade properly.
- Close the black wrapper sheet by securing the tabs on the left and right sides of the box.
- Place the foam cover on top of the blade box.
- Close the blade box.
- Install the foam end caps onto the outside edges of the blade box, and then place the blade box into the outer shipping box.
- Close and seal the outer shipping box.