Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 6.1.0, 6.0.1
Deploying Applications to your Devices
Deploying applications to the devices in a service scaling group
A service template allows you to create and deploy the applications to individual BIG-IP devices or to the auto-scaled BIG-IP VE devices in your cloud. When you create an application, you decide which objects to include and which settings to revise, and then identify the device, or service scaling group (SSG) to which you want it to deploy.
Create and deploy an application
At the top of the screen, click Applications then, on the
left, click APPLICATIONS.
The screen displays the list of applications currently defined on this device.
The Create Application screen opens.
- For the Template, select the service template you want to use to create this application from.
- Use the Name and Description fields to identify this application.
For Environment, identify where you want the
application to deploy.
If you select then Select Service Scaling Group From Service Scaling Group select the name of the service scaling group to which you want to deploy this application. Select BIG-IP
- From BIG-IP select the name of the device to which you want to deploy this application.
- To gather statistical data about the
performance of this application on the device you deploy it to,
HTTP Statistics.Warning: This option only supports applications managed by BIG-IP version 18.104.22.168 or later. If your template is intended for applications from multiple version of BIG-IP, you can manually enable HTTP statistic collection from the Application Properties configuration ( :Properties:CONFIGURATION).
Determine the objects that you want to deploy in
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
For each object you decide to include in
the application, revise the settings that you need to change.
Note: When you specify values for fields that reference other configuration objects, you can select objects that already exist in BIG-IQ configuration. But you can also specify objects that are created when this application is deployed. These objects that don't yet exist in BIG-IQ configuration, but are created when this application is deployed are prefixed with a pound sign (#). For example a template could define a pool MyPool1 and a node 22.214.171.124. To specify the application-created object, you select the value prefixed with a pound sign (#) when you select the value for that node. (That option would appear as #126.96.36.199 in the example cited here.
Specify settings for the ELB that triggers device
scaling for this SSG.
Note: The applications you plan to deploy on this SSG determine which ELB listener settings are required. Use the protocol and port appropriate for the template used to create this application. For example if you intend to deploy applications using either the Default-AWS-f5-HTTPS-WAF-lb-template or the Default-AWS-f5-HTTPS-offload-lb-template you must add two new listeners:
- For Name of Classic Load Balancer, type the name of the load balancer you created for this application.
- For Listeners, select the protocols and ports that the ELB will use to communicate with the devices in this SSG.
Load Balancer Protocol Load Balancer Port Instance Protocol Instance Port Cipher SSL Certificate TCP 443 TCP 443 N/A N/A TCP 80 TCP 80 N/A N/ANote: Each application you deploy requires its own, dedicated resources. For each application you need:
- a unique ELB.
- a security group associated with that ELB.
- a virtual server port.
- If you are using a custom template, for the Load Balancer settings, type 0.0.0.0 for both the Destination Address and Destination Network Mask.
When you have configured the objects that you want
to include in this application, click Create.
BIG-IQ creates the application and deploys it to the target you specified.