Applies To:Show Versions
Upgrade Overview BIG-IQ Version 5.2 through 6.0 to Version 6.0.1
Upgrading a BIG-IQ system to version the latest version
What BIG-IQ setup does this upgrade process support?
The following process to upgrade to F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management is for setups that currently have one of the following versions installed: version 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6.0.0, or 6.1.0 and do not have a data collection device cluster. If your system includes a data collection device cluster, refer to Which BIG-IQ setups support an upgrade to version 6.1.0?.
What happens during a BIG-IQ upgrade
Tasks to complete before you start the upgrade process
Before upgrading F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management, complete these tasks.
|Deploy any staged configuration changes to your managed devices.||When addressing configuration conflicts for each BIG-IP device, F5 recommends you use BIG-IP to override the configuration settings stored on BIG-IQ.|
|Decide which disk volume you want to install the upgrade on. You must have at least two volumes to upgrade.||If you don't have two volumes, refer to: K17406: Using the tmsh utility to create a new software volume for installing a new image or hotfix on the BIG-IQ system at: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K17406|
|If you are currently using a self-IP address for device discovery, make a note of that IP address.||You'll need to enter that IP address when you perform setup after you upgrade and reboot the BIG-IQ system.|
|Upgrade all managed BIG-IP devices to version 12.1 or later||For you to manage BIG-IP devices from BIG-IQ Centralized Management, the BIG-IP devices must be running version 12.1 or later.|
Daemons running on BIG-IQ
Before you upgrade BIG-IQ Centralized Management, it's important to take inventory of the status of the running daemons. Then after you upgrade, you can verify that they're in the same state, and make any necessary modifications. To view the daemons, type the following command: admin@(ip-10-1-1-4)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# show /sys service .
|Daemon||Example of status|
|admd||down, Not provisioned|
|alertd||run (pid 6579) 22 hours|
|apmd||down, Not provisioned|
|asm||down, Not provisioned|
|autodosd||down, Not provisioned|
|avrd||down, Not provisioned|
|bigd||run (pid 5338) 22 hours|
|bigiqsnmpd||run (pid 5035) 22 hours|
|captured||down, Not provisioned|
|cbrd||run (pid 6117) 22 hours|
|chmand||run (pid 5678) 22 hours|
|clusterd||down, not required|
|csyncd||run (pid 5038) 22 hours|
|datasyncd||down, Not provisioned|
|dnscached||down, Not provisioned|
|dosl7d||down, Not provisioned|
|dosl7d_attack_monitor||down, Not provisioned|
|dwbld||down, Not provisioned|
|elasticsearch||run (pid 5041) 22 hours|
|errdefsd||run (pid 6112) 22 hours|
|eventd||run (pid 5043) 22 hours|
|evrouted||run (pid 6583) 22 hours|
|f5_update_checker||down, No action required|
|fpuserd||down, Not provisioned|
|fslogd||down, Not provisioned|
|grafana||run (pid 6107) 22 hours|
|gtmd||down, Not provisioned|
|guiserver||run (pid 6105) 22 hours|
|gunicorn||run (pid 6587) 22 hours|
|hwpd||down 22 hours, normally up|
|icontrolportald||run (pid 5337) 22 hours|
|iprepd||run (pid 6113) 22 hours|
|istatsd||run (pid 6109) 22 hours|
|lacpd||down, not required|
|lind||run (pid 6116) 22 hours|
|mcpd||run (pid 6110) 22 hours|
|merged||run (pid 6938) 22 hours|
|mgmt_acld||down, Not provisioned|
|monpd||run (pid 6578) 22 hours|
|named||run (pid 4855) 22 hours|
|nokiasnmpd||down, not enabled|
|ntlmconnpool||run (pid 6111) 22 hours|
|pabnagd||down, Not logging node|
|pccd||down, Not provisioned|
|pgadmind||run (pid 7310) 22 hours|
|pkcs11d||down, not required|
|restjavad||run (pid 4853) 22 hours|
|rethinkdb||run (pid 15058) 21 hours, 1 start|
|scriptd||run (pid 5344) 22 hours|
|sdmd||down, sdmd is not provisioned|
|searchd||run (pid 5343) 22 hours|
|sflow_agent||run (pid 6937) 22 hours|
|shmmapd||down, Not provisioned|
|snmpd||run (pid 5674) 22 hours|
|sod||run (pid 4810) 22 hours|
|statsd||run (pid 5336) 22 hours|
|syscalld||run (pid 6939) 22 hours|
|tamd||run (pid 5679) 22 hours|
|tmipsecd||run (pid 5341) 22 hours|
|tmm||run (pid 6581) 22 hours|
|tmrouted||run (pid 6581) 22 hours|
|tokumond||run (pid 7311) 22 hours|
|tokumx||run (pid 6580) 22 hours|
|webd||run (pid 6941) 22 hours|
|wr_urldbd||down, Not provisioned|
|zrd||down, Not provisioned|
|zxfrd||run (pid 5034) 22 hours|
To ensure that your upgrade goes smoothly, F5 recommends that you perform a few system checks. Perform this test at least a day or so before you upgrade in case you discover any issues that take longer than expected to resolve. Going through this list ahead of time gives you a chance to resolve any issues before the clock is ticking on your upgrade window.
- Verify that the software version of the BIG-IP devices managed by the BIG-IQ you are updating are at or beyond the minimum supported version. (For details on how to do this, refer to the AskF5 article K34133507 on support.f5.com.)
- If you plan to gather performance analytics for the BIG-IP devices managed by the BIG-IQ you are updating, confirm that the managed devices are at or beyond version 13.1.1, and provisioned with the AVR service.
- Check that you have sufficient disk space for the upgrade. To calculate the disk space you need, make sure you include the space your current installation consumes and the extra amount needed for the upgrade.Note: If the var partition for any of the devices in your cluster was extended before you upgraded, you must extend the var partition for that device before the upgrade can succeed.(For details on how to do this check, refer to Check the volume sizes on your current BIG-IQ installation and Check the volume sizes required by the software you want to install in F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management Disk Space Management on support.f5.com. For details on how to extend a disk volume, refer to Resizing VE Disk Volume Workflows in F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management Disk Space Management on support.f5.com).
- Verify that your BIG-IQ VE has sufficient memory and CPUs for the configuration that you plan to deploy. (For details on how to do this, refer to Determine the resources required for deployment in Planning and Implementing a BIG-IQ Centralized Management Deployment on support.f5.com).
- Examine the health of the devices you plan to upgrade. Make sure to inspect the BIG-IQ primary and secondary devices as well as each DCD in the cluster. (For details on how to do this, refer to Check the health of devices in a DCD cluster in Planning and Implementing a BIG-IQ Centralized Management Deployment on support.f5.com).
- Re-activate the licenses on the devices you plan to upgrade to make sure that the service contract date is up to date. Make sure to do this for the BIG-IQ primary and secondary devices, as well as each DCD in the cluster. (For details on how to do this, refer to the F5 Knowledge Center article K15365 on support.f5.com).
- Confirm the zone configuration of the DCDs that you plan to upgrade and for the devices managed by the BIG-IQ systems you plan to upgrade. If a device is configured to be in a zone that does not have DCDs in it, statistics for that device will not be collected after the upgrade.
- To view the zone configuration for a DCD, navigate to
- To view the zone configuration for a device, navigate to Devices, click the name of the device, then click STATISTICS COLLECTION and note the zone.
Summary of tasks to upgrade a BIG-IQ system from version 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, or 6.0.0 to version 6.1.0
To upgrade F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management from BIG-IQ version 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, or 6.0.0, perform these procedures. Upgrading BIG-IQ to the most recent version requires that you update its configuration to incorporate new features that have been introduced. It's a good idea to set aside at least several hours to complete this process.
Prepare to upgrade your BIG-IQ system
- Download the software image from the F5 Downloads site.
- Upload the BIG-IQ software image to the BIG-IQ system.
Upgrade the BIG-IQ systems in the HA pair
- Upgrade the primary BIG-IQ.
- Upload the BIG-IQ software image to the secondary BIG-IQ and upgrade it.
Complete the post-upgrade process
- Add the secondary BIG-IQ to the primary BIG-IQ to re-establish the HA pair.
- Upgrade the BIG-IP framework on your managed devices.
- Rediscover your BIG-IP devices, and re-import their services.
- If you have a VMware service scaling group configured, you'll need to re-install the vCenter host root certificate on BIG-IQ.