Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
BIG-IQ Application Delivery Controller: Overview
About BIG-IQ Application Delivery Controller
BIG-IQ® Application Delivery Controller (ADC) makes it possible for you to monitor and manage the Local Traffic Manager ™(LTM) configuration on BIG-IP ®devices. ADC helps the user:
- Create efficient work flows to view the LTM® configurations in a relational and dynamic user interface.
- Control access to configuration objects using fine-grained, role-based access control (RBAC). This allows administrators to delegate frequently performed operations (for example, enabling or disabling pool members) to the correct team member.
- Maintain ultimate control of the LTM configuration by providing a staging option. Delegated team members make all relevant changes, then the administrator can apply them after a quick review.
BIG-IQ ADC has two primary interfaces: Configuration and Deployment.
- Use the Configuration interface to work with the settings for the devices
manages. The Configuration interface has two interactive modes: Monitoring View and Editing View.
- When Monitoring View is selected, the settings that display for the managed devices are from the most recent sync. You cannot make changes to these settings when Monitoring View is selected.
- When Editing View is selected, the settings that display for the managed devices still include the most recent sync settings, but also include any revisions you have made.
- Use the Deployment interface to apply configuration changes that were made on the BIG-IQ system to the managed devices.
About the BIG-IQ system user interface
The BIG-IQ® system interface is composed of panels. Each panel contains objects that correspond to a BIG-IQ feature. Depending on the number of panels and the resolution of your screen, some panels may be collapsed and show as colored bars on either side of the screen. You can cursor over the collapsed panels to locate the one you want, and click the panel to open. To associate items from different panels, click an object, and drag and drop it onto the object with which you want to associate it.
Filtering for associated objects
To display only items associated with a specific object, hover over the object,
click the gear icon, and then select Show Only Related
The screen refreshes to display only associated objects in each panel.
To highlight only items associated with a specific object, hover over the
object, click the gear icon, and then select Highlight Related
The screen refreshes, highlighting only associated objects in each panel, and displaying unassociated objects in a gray font.
- To remove a filter, click the X icon next to the filtered object in a panel or click Clear All to clear all of the filters.
Customizing panel order
Click the header of a panel and drag it to a new location, then release the
The panel displays in the new location.
- Repeat step 1 until you are satisfied with the order of the panels.
Searching for specific objects
- To search for a specific object, in the Filter field at the top of the screen, type all or part of an object's name.
Click the Apply button.
The screen refreshes to display only the objects associated with the term you typed in the Filter field.
- To further refine the filter, type another term into the Filter field, and click the Apply button again.
- To remove a filter term, click the X icon next to it.
Additional resources and documentation for BIG-IQ systems
You can access all of the following BIG-IQ® system documentation from the AskF5™ Knowledge Base located at http://support.f5.com/.
|BIG-IQ® Centralized Management Virtual Editions Setup guides||BIG-IQ® Virtual Edition (VE) runs as a guest in a virtual environment using supported hypervisors. Each of these guides is specific to one of the hypervisor environments supported for the BIG-IQ system.|
|BIG-IQ® Centralized Management: Licensing and Initial Setup||This guide provides the network administrators with basic BIG-IQ system concepts and describes the tasks required to license and set up the BIG-IQ system in their network, including how to add users and assign roles to those users.|
|BIG-IQ® Centralized Management: Device||This guide provides details about how to deploy software images, licenses, and configurations to managed BIG-IP® devices.|
|BIG-IQ® Centralized Management: ADC||This guide provides details about how to centrally manage BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager™ applications.|
|BIG-IQ®Centralized Management: Security||This guide contains information used to centrally manage BIG-IP® firewalls, policies, rule lists (as well as other shared objects), and users.|
|Platform Guide: BIG-IQ® 7000 Series||This guide provides information about setting up and managing the BIG-IQ 7000 hardware platform.|
|Release notes||Release notes contain information about the current software release, including a list of associated documentation, a summary of new features, enhancements, fixes, known issues, and available workarounds.|
|Solutions and Tech Notes||Solutions are responses and resolutions to known issues. Tech Notes provide additional configuration instructions and how-to information.|