Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
About additional network configuration options
During the licensing and initial configuration procedures, you configure a single VLAN and associated self IP addresses. This is all the networking configuration required to start managing devices. However, if you find you need additional VLANs, the BIG-IQ® system provides you with the ability to add them as required.
Configuring an additional VLAN
- Log in to BIG-IQ System with your administrator user name and password.
- At the top of the screen, click Configuration.
- Hover over the VLANs panel and click the + sign when it appears.
- In the Name and Description fields, type a name and description to identify this new VLAN.
- From the Device list, select the BIG-IQ system to associate with this new VLAN.
From the Interface list, select the port that you want
this VLAN to use.
The interface is a physical or virtual port that you use to connect the BIG-IQ system to managed devices in your network.
- Click the Add button to save this VLAN.
- Hover on the Self IP Addresses panel and click the + when it appears.
- In the Name and Address and Description fields, type the name, and self IP address.
- From the Device list, select the BIG-IQ system to associate with this new self IP address.
- From the VLAN list, select the VLAN to which you want to associate this self IP address.
- Click the Add button to save this self IP address.