Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
BIG-IQ® Web Application Security uses snapshots to protect the working-configuration set of the Web Application Security module. A best practice is to take a snapshot before every major configuration change.
The Snapshots panel displays a list of snapshots.
You can create a snapshot when you create a new deployment, or as needed. If the snapshot is created as part of a deployment, the BIG-IQ system prefixes the name of the deployment with the word Deploy.
To abandon an operation and close the panel without saving your changes, click Cancel.
To get help on any panel, click the ? icon in the upper right corner of the interface.
It is a best practice to create a snapshot before any configuration changes, so that you can run a snapshot comparison later and verify the changes then.
Hover over the header of the Snapshots panel, and when the (+) icon appears, click it to open the screen, then specify a name and description for the new snapshot.
Click Create to create the snapshot.
Hover over a snapshot name in the panel, and when the gear icon appears, click Show Properties. You can now:
- View details about the snapshot.
- Click Remove to remove the snapshot.
- Click Restore to restore the snapshot.
- Compare the snapshot with the working configuration or another snapshot, and view the differences.
Displaying snapshot details
To display the details of a specific snapshot, hover over the snapshot name in the list of snapshots, and when the gear icon appears, click Show Properties to display the properties for that snapshot.
Comparing a snapshot with the working configuration or another snapshot
You can compare a snapshot with the working configuration or with another snapshot, and view the differences in JSON on an object-by-object basis. To compare a snapshot:
- Hover over a snapshot name in the panel, and when the gear icon appears, click Show Properties.
- Using the Compare Against settings, select what should be
compared to the snapshot.
- Select Working Config to compare the snapshot to the current working configuration.
- Select Snapshot to compare the snapshot to another snapshot. Select the comparison snapshot from the list that is displayed.
- Select how to compare the snapshot.
- To see the ASM™ differences, click View for the ASM Differences setting.
- To see the shared security differences, click View for the Shared Differences setting.