Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
About firewall rule reports
You can generate different types of firewall rule reports for selected BIG-IP® devices in either CSV or HTML format. These reports capture information similar to that gathered using the firewall rule monitoring. The types of reports you can generate include:
- Stale Rule Report. Creates a report on firewall rules that are not being used on the BIG-IP device.
- Overlap Status Stats Report. Creates a report on firewall rules that are overlapping on the BIG-IP device.
- Compilation Status Report. Creates a report on the compilation of firewall rules on the BIG-IP device.
Creating firewall rule reports
- Navigate to the Firewall Rule Reports screen: Click .
The New Firewall Rule Report screen opens.
- Type a name for the report in the Name field.
- Type an optional description for the report in the Description field.
Select a report type from those listed in the Report
You can generate these types of reports::
- Stale Rule Report
- Overlap Status Stats Report
- Compilation Status Stats Report
If you select Stale Rule Report, you can refine the
report using the options listed in the Stale Rule
- To specify that the report should include only rules with a hit count less than the number specified, select Rules with count less than and specify a number in the provided field.
- To specify that the report should include only rules that have not been hit since the date specified, select Rules that haven't been hit since and specify a date in the provided field.
From the Available Devices setting, select the BIG-IP
devices or device group to use for the report:
- Select Group and select a group of BIG-IP devices from the list.
- Select Device and select individual BIG-IP devices by moving them from the Available list to the Selected list.
Save the report:
- Select Save to save the report. The system displays the Firewall Rule Reports page for that one report, and generates the report data.
- Select Save & Close to save the report. The system displays the Firewall Rule Reports page that lists all reports, and generates the report data.
Select the format for the report:
You can save or print these reports.
- Select CSV Report to have the report formatted as a CSV file.
- Select HTML Report to have the report formatted as an HTML file. The HTML file is displayed in the Web browser when complete.
Deleting firewall rule reports
- Go to the Firewall Rule Reports screen: Click .
Select one or more reports to delete, and click
The reports are deleted from the list on the Firewall Rule Reports screen.