Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
This release note documents version 5.3.0 of BIG-IQ Centralized Management.
- New features
- Screen resolution requirement
- Browser support
- BIG-IP compatibility
- User documentation for this release
- Software installation
- Known Issues, Fixes, and Behavior Changes
- Contacting F5 Networks
- Legal notices
BIG-IQ Centralized Management 5.3.0
This release note documents version 5.3.0 of BIG-IQ Centralized Management.
BIG-IQ systems now contain more robust iHealth functionality to help you schedule qkview uploads, view histories, and create and manage custom iHealth data reports. Additionally, you can leverage the upgrade advisor functionality of iHealth to help in determining the best upgrade path for managed devices.Improved DNS visibility and reporting
A new dashboard and improved data presentation help you better view and track health of BIG-IQ DNS systems.DNS Sync Group-aware Device Upgrade
During the upgrade process of BIG-IP devices with DNS service enabled, BIG-IQ will allow for Sync-Group aware upgrades, either one by one or in batches, without interfering with the DNS service.Centralized BIG-IP upgrade health check
During the upgrade process, you can now run an assessment of the BIG-IP system health before and after and upgrade. This can help you identify any potential changes in network objects after you perform an upgrade on managed devices in your network.Simplified licening APIs
Our new licensing APIs support IT Orchestration and iWorkflow licensing workflows. These new APIs are designed to work with iWorkflow licensing workflows for licensing BIG-IP VE instances through BIG-IQ License Manager.TACAACS+ auth support
We've added TACACS+ to our list of Auth Providers. You can use TACACS+ in a similar manner as you would other providers supported by BIG-IQ.Configuration comparison
You can now compare specific elements of two UCS archives. This gives you the ability to compare elements of different configurations and see differences to assist in keeping devices in sync or keeping track of historical configuration changes on managed devices.Outbound connectivity through web proxy
Enhanced web proxy support. You can now connect through a web proxy from BIG-IQ to the F5 iHealth server, or for license management for the BIG-IQ system or BIG-IQ managed keys.IPsec management
BIG-IQ now supports centralized management of IPsec objects across multiple BIG-IPs and also provides IPsec tunnel troubleshooting capabilities. IPsec tunnel related objects can be configured on BIG-IQ and imported and deployed as part of your LTM and Network management tasks. IPsec event logs from BIG-IPs are stored on Data Collection Devices and can help you with troubleshooting IPsec tunnel issues.Management of single-NIC BIG-IP systems
BIG-IQ now supports communication with BIG-IP systems over ports other than 443, to better support public and hybrid cloud deployments.
Screen resolution requirement
To properly display, the BIG-IQ system requires that your screen resolution is set to 1280x1024 or higher.
BIG-IQ version 5.3.0 supports the following browsers and versions:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11.x and later
- Microsoft Edge version 12.x and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 46.x and later
- Google Chrome version 51.x and later
SOL14592: Compatibility between BIG-IQ and BIG-IP releases provides a summary of version compatibility for specific features between the BIG-IQ system and BIG-IP releases.
In general, this table outlines managed device compatibility:
|Functional Description||Minimum BIG-IP version||Maximum BIG-IP version|
|Backup/Restore||11.5.0 HF7||13.0.0 HF2|
|Upgrade - legacy devices||10.2.0||11.4.1|
|Upgrade - managed devices||11.5.0 HF7||13.0.0 HF2|
|Licensing - BIG-IP VE||11.5.0 HF7||13.0.0 HF2|
|Licensing - WebSafe||12.0.0||13.0.0 HF2|
|ADC management||11.5.1 HF4||13.0.0 HF2|
User documentation for this release
- Software documentation
- For a list of user documentation for this software release, go to the BIG-IQ Centralized Management Knowledge Center and select version 5.3.0.
- Platform documentation
- For Virtual Edition or Cloud setup documentation organzied by VE or Cloud type, refer to the Cloud Knowledge Center on AskF5 to select an option.
- For hardware platform documentation, visit the Hardware Knowledge Centers page on AskF5 to select the appropriate BIG-IQ hardware documentation.
Depending on whether you are installing a new system or upgrading an existing one, the following documentation resources can help you get started with version 5.3.0.
For information about planning and installing BIG-IQ Centralized Management, refer to the Planning and Implementing an F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management Deployment guide.
For instructions about how to upgrade from BIG-IQ version 5.x to 5.3 refer to the F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management Upgrading version 5.x to BIG-IQ version 5.3 guide.
If your configuration uses logging nodes, data collection devices, or logging node or DCD clusters, please refer to one or more of the following guides:
- F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management: Data Collection Device Sizing Guide for assistance in determining the resources that are required to handle the data generated by the BIG-IP devices you manage.
- F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management:Upgrading a Data Collection Cluster to Version 5.3
- F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management: Upgrading 5.1 Logging Node Cluster to the Latest Version with Minimal Downtime.
- F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management: Upgrading 5.2 Data Collection Device Cluster to the Latest Version with Minimal Downtime.
For procedures about specifying network options and performing initial configuration, refer to the BIG-IQ Centralized Management: Licensing and Initial Setup guide.
Known Issues, Fixes, and Behavior Changes
For a comprehensive list of fixes, behavior changes, and known issues for this release, refer to the BIG-IQ 5.3.0 Release Information page.
Contacting F5 Networks
For additional information, please visit http://www.f5.com.
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources.
- The F5 Networks Technical Support web site: https://f5.com/support
- The AskF5 web site: https://support.f5.com/csp/home
- The F5 DevCentral web site: https://devcentral.f5.com/
- AskF5 Publication Preference Center: https://interact.f5.com/AskF5-SubscriptionCenter.html
F5 Networks Technical Support
Free self-service tools give you 24x7 access to a wealth of knowledge and technical support. Whether it is providing quick answers to questions, training your staff, or handling entire implementations from design to deployment, F5 services teams are ready to ensure that you get the most from your F5 technology.
AskF5 is your storehouse for thousands of knowledgebase articles that help you manage your F5 products more effectively. Whether you want to browse periodically to research a solution, or you need the most recent news about your F5 products, AskF5 is your source.
The F5 DevCentral community helps you get more from F5 products and technologies. You can connect with user groups, learn about the latest F5 tools, and discuss F5 products and technology.
AskF5 Publication Preference Center
To subscribe, click AskF5 Publication Preference Center, enter your email address, select the publications you want, and click the Submit button. You will receive a confirmation email. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or on the AskF5 Publication Preference Center screen.
- TechNews Weekly eNewsletters: Up-to-date information about product and hotfix releases, new and updated articles, and new feature notices.
- TechNews Notifications: Periodic plain text TechNews, sent any time F5 releases a product or hotfix. (This information is always included in the next weekly HTML TechNews email.)
- Security Alerts: Timely security updates and ASM attack signature updates from F5.