Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.1.0, 14.0.0
Overview: Customization and localization
About basic, general, and advanced customization
- Basic customization provides a limited set of options intended for quick modification of the objects that are most commonly displayed to users. It can be used to customize and localize common text labels and captions for objects. It can also be used to configure the basic look and feel for pages.
- General customization enables configuration of a few additional objects and provides many more options for customizing objects, such as:
- The size, color, and placement of forms and screens.
- The look and feel of objects with more opportunities to replace images.
- Text on the screen, including headers and footers.
- Messages, including installation and error messages.
- Advanced customization provides for any customization that can be effected using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and HTML.
About language choices
About localization in the generated UI
About visual policy editor and general customization similarities
How APM generates UI pages
About UI page structure
Which objects can be customized?
- Network access resources
- Remote desktops
- Webtop links
- Portal access resources
- App tunnels
- SAML resources
About access profile objects and settings
- These settings affect any UI page that displays when the access profile runs. The settings affect text, such as headers and footers and commonly used messages, and look and feel.
- Settings are available to specify an image and text for a page that displays on logout, when access is denied, when a new session must be started, and so on.
- Logon Pages
- Settings are available for logon page-type actions (logon page, HTTP 401 response, HTTP 407 response, VMware View logon) that are included in the access policy (directly or through the inclusion of a macro). Settings affect the text and look and feel for the specific object.
- Message Pages
- Settings are available for each specific Message Box action included in the access policy. The settings affect the text and look and feel for the specific object.
- Decision Pages
- Settings are available for each specific Decision Box action included in the access policy. The settings affect the text and look and feel for the specific object.
- Ending Pages
- Settings are available for an Ending Deny page and affect the text and look and feel for the page.