Manual Chapter : The Customization Tool
Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.1.0, 14.0.0
The Customization Tool
About the Customization tool
The Customization tool is an application that you start from the BIG-IP® admin console. With the Customization tool, you can personalize screen messages and prompts, change screen layouts, colors, and images, and customize error and other messages to specific languages for policies and profiles used on BIG-IP Access Policy Manager.
Starting the Customization tool
Start the Customization tool to personalize and localize page layout, colors, images, and messages for the BIG-IP®Edge Client®, browser pages, and mobile device screens.
- On the Main tab, click.The Customization tool appears, in Basic Customization view.
You can use the Customization tool inside the BIG-IP admin console, or click
Popoutto open it in a separate browser window.
After you personalize settings, remember to click the
Saveicon to apply your changes.
About customization views and form factors
The Customization tool provides three views.
- Basic Customization (Quick Start)
- This is the default customization view. Use this to configure basic look and feel for pages, and common text labels and captions for resources on the webtop.
- General Customization
- This view provides a tree structure for configuration elements, and more detailed methods to configure and customize objects.
- Advanced Customization
The General and Advanced Customization views provide two form factors, that you can use to customize different access policy features.
- Full/Mobile browser
- Use this mode to configure pages that are viewed in a web browser or on a mobile device.
- BIG-IP Edge Client
- Use this mode to configure the appearance and messages that appear in the BIG-IP®Edge Client® for a platform or device.
In the General Customization view, for each form factor you can also choose to customize
Textby selecting the tab at the top of the Form Factor column.
- Customization controls the look of the user interface, such as fonts, images, colors, and general layout.
- Customization provides personalization for the text and messages that appear for each language specified in an access profile.