Manual Chapter : Viewing Application Page Load Times
Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.1.3, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
Viewing Application Page Load Times
Overview: Viewing application page load times
You can evaluate amount of time it takes for application web pages to load on client-side browsers. This information is useful if end users report that an application is slow, and you want to determine the cause of the problem. The system collects client-side page load times only if the Analytics profile associated web application is configured to save page load time statistics.
- 200 OK response
- The HTTP content is not compressed
- The HTTP content-type istext/html.
- The HTTP content contains an HTML<head>tag
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 4 or later
- Chrome 10 or later
Viewing application page load times
Before you can view application page load times, you need to create an HTTP Analytics profile that logs statistics internally on the BIG-IP system. In the profile, the statistics-gathering configuration must have
Page Load Timeselected as one of the collected metrics. The Analytics profile also needs to be associated with one or more virtual servers, or an iApps application service.
Page load timeindicates the time (in milliseconds) for end user to finish loading a web application page on the client-side browser, once they make a request for a web page.
End user response times and latencies can vary significantly based on geography and connection types.
- On the Main tab, click.The Overview screen opens and displays current HTTP statistics averaged over the last hour. On the screen, you can see time controls on the top, charts on the left, and a list of dimensions on the right.
- Scroll down to the Page Load Time chart.The chart shows the average page load time and maximum page load time for all applications and virtual servers associated with all Analytics profiles.
- To view page load times for a specific application, from the dimensions on the right, expandApplicationsand select that application.The chart shows page load times only for the selected application.
- To see more detailed page load time statistics for any expanded dimensions, double-click the handle at the top of the dimensions column.Tables containing detailed statistics for the items in the dimensions are displayed.
- In the table, hover over the headings to see the full names of the columns, and view the data.
- Avg Pashows the average page load time in milliseconds.
- Max Pashows the maximum page load time in milliseconds.
- To view page load times for a specific virtual server, from the dimensions on the right, expandVirtual Serversand select only that virtual server.
- You can clear all filter selections or those for a dimension.
- To clear a single selection, click the selected object.
- To clear all selections, click the gear icon at the top of the column and selectClear All.
- To clear selections for a dimension, click the options icon (three horizontal lines to the left of the title), and selectClear Selection.You can click the numbered icon at the top right-hand corner of the dimension to clear all selections for a dimension.
- If further investigation is needed, select other dimensions to show page load times for other entities, for example, specific pool members, URLs, countries, or client IP addresses.
If you are concerned about maintaining a high level of user experience and productivity, you can configure the Analytics profile to send alerts when the average page load time exceeds a number of milliseconds for a period of time.