Manual Chapter : BIG-IP system forward proxy chaining and APM benefits
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
BIG-IP system forward proxy chaining and APM
The BIG-IP system supports forward proxy chaining which enables connection to a next hop proxy server. Access Policy Manager (APM®) brings these abilities to forward proxy chaining:
- Offload authentication from and support authentication to the next hop on the client's behalf.
- Support single sign-on to the next hop and to resources at the next hop.
- Select different proxy servers for different requests.
- Select different SSO configurations for different requests.