Manual Chapter : Configuration essentials for forward proxy chaining
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
Configuration essentials for forward proxy
When configured to act as an explicit or transparent forward proxy, Access Policy Manager (APM®) supports forward proxy chaining, with or without an SWG subscription. These configuration elements are key to forward proxy chaining:
- One or more pools of proxy servers. All servers in a pool must support the same forward proxy mode: explicit or transparent.
- A per-request policy that includes a Proxy Select agent, which specifies a pool of proxy servers.Only the Proxy Select agent signals that a connection must be made to a next hop. A Pool Assign agent does not.
- An HTTP Proxy Connect profile configured with its state disabled.
- The virtual server that processes HTTPS traffic for the forward proxy configuration with the disabled HTTP Proxy Connect profile specified.