Manual Chapter : Overview of Okta with OAuth, step-up authentication, and RADIUS MFA
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
Overview of Okta with OAuth, step-up authentication, and RADIUS
You can create a Zero Trust Identity Aware Proxy configuration using Okta and OAuth, with RADIUS MFA. For this scenario, the Zero Trust proxies are Access Policy Managers configured in
Client + Resource Serverconfigurations. APM is configured as the Authentication Server . RADIUS is used for multifactor authentication for a branch that requires more authentication (for example, and /admin URL). In this scenario the authentication server uses the Zero Trust Step-Up Authentication feature to provide seamless access across different apps.
To create a configuration for Seamless Auth with Okta, OAuth, and RADIUS MFA, you must complete the following steps.
- Create the Okta configuration
- Create an Okta OAuth provider
- Configure an OAuth client and resource server on APM
- Create an allow-all access policy and a per-request policy
- Create configuration objects in the per-request policy
- Assign the access policy and per-request policy to a virtual server