Manual Chapter : About logon items
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
Logon items either display on a logon screen, or specify and present a logon screen to a user.
Only the Virtual Keyboard item displays on a logon screen.
Logon screens display input fields, and in some cases messages. The items that present a logon screen accept user input and store it in session variables for use in another access policy item; typically, that is an authentication item and it usually follows a logon item in an access policy.
When you work with a logon item, you can usually change some aspect of the logon experience.
- Language on the screen
- Access Policy Manager (APM) provides the text displayed on the logon screen translated into a number of languages. (Languages are specified in the access profile.) Selecting a language in a logon item translates the text to that language. Translated text can be used as is or customized further.
- Text on the screen
- APM provides default labels for the user input fields and for any messages that can be displayed on the logon screen. The text can be edited.
- Fields on the screen
- The logon page item provides up to five fields that can be displayed or not. The type for each field is user-selectable: password, text, select (from a list).
Some logon items include authentication-specific settings. These logon items are appropriate in specific cases only:
- HTTP 401 error
- The HTTP 401 Response logon item is appropriate in response to an HTTP 401 error. It can precede HTTP Basic or Kerberos authentication, or both.
- HTTP 407 error
- The HTTP 407 Response logon item is appropriate in response to an HTTP 407 error. It can precede HTTP Basic or Kerberos authentication, or both. It is applicable for use with Secure Web Gateway (SWG) explicit forward proxy only.
- Standalone VMware View client
- The VMware View logon page is for use with a standalone VMware View client. It presents a logon screen that is customized for the selected authentication type (from a set of supported types).