Manual Chapter : About the External Logon page
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
About the External Logon page
An External Logon page action provides a link to a logon page on an external server. An external solution can then provide robust logon credentials to the access policy. A logon action typically precedes the authentication action that checks the credentials provided on the logon page.
When an access policy reaches the External Logon page action:
- The client submits apost_urlvariable. Thispost_urlvariable is used by the external application to return a value to the access policy. When the user completes authentication on the external server, the external server posts back to the URL specified in this variable, to continue the session.The value of post_URL is in the format:http(or https)://. TheAccess_Policy_Manager_URI/my.policyAccess_Policy_Manager_URIis the URI visible to the user, taken from the HTTP Host header value sent by the browser.
An External Logon Page action provides these configuration elements and options:
- External Logon Server URI
- Specifies the URI of the external logon server.
- Split domain from full username
- Yes- specifies that when a username and domain combination is submitted (for example,marketing\email@example.com), only the username portion (in this example,jsmith) is stored in the session variablesession.logon.last.username.
- No- specifies that the entire username string is stored in the session variable.